NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Whose Office is this Anyway????? LOL!!!!

Luvparrots

So my three very independent and dominating parrots have all decided that my office is their office. They don't "love" each other. Even the 4-month-old, Sterling, has a mind of his own. He stands up for his space. So, I now have THREE bungees/boings in my office, as well as a couple of stands and of course the large netting at the window. I refuse to remove my desk and computer though!!!! I have to retain some sense of dignity and authority at least!!!!

First two bungees:

004-35-1.jpg

New bungee:

005-31-1.jpg

Second bungee with Ana Grey:

010-11-1.jpg

The window netting (note: how much smaller Ana Grey is then 4-month old Sterling):

015-13-1.jpg

Shelly, the cargo net is a little large and very heavy, okay it is very large and very heavy!!!! I would have gone with a lighter and shorter one if I could do it over. I actually looked at those outdoor cages at one time Barbara. They are very beautiful!

I'm glad everyone really feels for me with my dilemma!!!! LOL!!! There is always an exciting moment or two going on when you are owned by intelligent birdies!!!! Luv my fids!!!

I'm sorry for your "misunderstanding" with your fids. Great Bird office! Looks like a nice set up. What is the size of the cargo net, if I may ask? I was thinking of purchasing one.

The hubby has given Loki a corner in his office, but I can see her eyeing the desk from time to time.

KimmieB, the cargo net is about 5 ft. x 5 ft. It is quite heavy. The rope is very thick. Ana Grey nibbles on the rope and it is still holding up just fine. I have had the cargo net for about 3 years now. All three parrots enjoy sitting on the net.

When I go into the bird room they follow me!!!!! LOL!!! I guess I need to get a laptop and go hid in the john with the door locked!!! LOL!!!

Doesn't matter if you hide in the bathroom or not...they will just follow you, hang on the door, chew it, or go on the floor, and chew the bottom of it!!! There's no escaping, I know, mine follow me everywhere also.......

Um, lost your office space to the birds? Let me see, did that about 2 years ago. Now to work on something on my desk I must remove the desk top stand, clean off the bird droppings that missed the papers, I don't have a pen that isn't chewed, forget the pencils. The back of my chair gets a clean towel daily. The computer has been replaced with a laptop so that I can keep them from chewing on cords. The mouse is wireless. When the battery runs down - we take it elsewhere to plug it in for some more go juice. The 37" tv that used to be mine stays on the cartoon network, nickelodian, etv, etc. The carpet is permanently covered in newspaper. It's now called the jungle room. Smile and enjoy the love they share with you daily! I do! :)

How nice of them to let you "share" their space !!! They do tend to take over. In the evening I lay on the floor & Roscoe walks around looking for anything he can get into. I put a small throw rug w/ nuts, banana & Brownberry Health Nut bread (his favorite) on it for him to make his mess on. Last night he had cherries & watermelon (Big Mess) w/ his treats. He proceeds to take food right out of my hand & claim it for his own. Chewed kleenex box, paper towel roll & drank out of my water bottle !! I cover my laptop w/ a towel & he roots under it to get my mouse & steals my keys he plucks off the keyboard.

My husband (who he doesn't like) sits at his desk in the corner of the living rm. -- Roscoe boldly walks over to him to bite his feet to chase him away. Last night he tried to chase him away from the couch... Half way across the floor my husband pointed at him & said " don't even think about it". Roscoe gave his evil laugh Haw, Haw Haw !! & turned around, walked over to me & rubbed his head all over my legs to say I love my mommy. looks back at my hubby & totally fluffed says "get out of there !!".

At 8:00 p he starts his "Go to bed" to my husband -- so he can have me all to himself.

Slowly he is taking over the living room as his space, so guard your office space (what's left of it) well, cause eventually it WILL be theirs !!!!! :))))

• Haha 1