NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Power wash

Ray P

Yesterday was a great day, the sun was out and it was very hot.

Each of our birds has a hanging bird bath in their cage so when they want to they can take a bath. Cricket took her bath early in the morning so I thought this would be a good time to power wash and clean their cage because Cricket and Corky both took their bath for the day. When Cricket takes her bath there is about 50 oz`s of water all over the place and you always have to change the paper when their done, so bath done lets clean cages.

So birds in travel cage the wife has all toys and dishes in sink and cages on back deck The wife washes toys and dishes and I power wash the cages they air dry, toys and dishes back in and all new paper on the bottom of the cage and 50 oz`s of clean water in bird bath.

Cricket is put back into her cage and she does something she has never done before, She takes a secound bath for the day and again 50 oz`s of water all over the place the bottom of the cage, well it needed new paper again

Edited by Ray P

You took all that time to type, just to tell us had to change the paper twice? I thought the thread was about the power wash, but it seems to be more of a complaint about having the change the paper twice...Guess what? It rains multiple times in a day in the rain forest. It's common behavior for a parrot to want to take more than one bath.

I thought that was a cute story, Ray. :) Marcus does that to me all the time, I'll have cleaned everybody's cages and then I get to vacuuming whatever fell on the floor during the paper-changing, and he'll decide he wants a bath in his water bowl! So water gets everywhere, and I have to wipe everything down again and change his papers again... c'est la vie. Haha, at least with a parrot! :D