NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Looking for Breeders in the UK!

Popsicle

Hi all,

I'm in London and I'm struggling to find breeders around here. Who would say, considering London is the biggest city in the UK. It looks like the biggest amount of breeders are more up north. As I have seen a few Brits here in the forum, I'd like to know if anyone know and recommend a breeder in south east or south west area of the UK.

I appreciate any help. :)

Hi Popsicle,

Thanks for the pm, unfortunately I didn't get Beau from a breeder but a very good pet shop very close to where I live (I am in SW England) they are a local chain and I would highly recomend them - I pop in there quite often at different times of the day and their birds are always spotlessly clean, in appropriate sized cages and with dried and fresh foods as well as toys, it is clear that the staff love them. The only breeders I am aware of having good reputation are way up north but that's not to say there aren't any! Do you know anyone with a grey? There are some local people here that have parrots but they all got theirs from the same place as me.

When are you planning to buy your little guy/gal?

I must sort out that cage picture for you!

Hi Jooles,

Where is this shop you got Beau from? I'm always visiting my husband's family in Bristol. If the shop isn't too far from there I would love to pop in sometime and have a look at their birds. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has a parrot or who knows someone who does. lol Funny I know. But my only source of help/info has been the forum. We're still not 100% sure when we are gonna get our Grey because we want to move to a bigger place first (which can happen at any point between now and December). So we have started looking for breeders, grabbing some information, prices, checking our best options, etc. Babies take over 3 months to wean anyway. Hopefully we'll find one that will fit right with our moving time. I'd love to see the photo of the cage, when possible. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Thanks! x

Edited by Popsicle

I'm not sure if they go as far as Bristol but they are called "The Ark" their greys are all babies but weaned of course (as is UK law) and fully feathered. I once complimented the manager at our local branch for the condition of the parrots and their cages. Here is their website: http://www.thepetexpress.co.uk/

When you find the right grey you will know for he/she will chose you, this may sound strange but when it happens you will know what I meant by that.

Thanks for the link, Jooles. Unfortunately it's not working right now but I'll keep trying. Another problem is the shop only exists in Plymouth :( which is quite far from London and even from Bristol. A shame. But I'll still check if my husband is up for a long trip. hehe Thanks again. x

The link works for me now too and I realised I have seen their website before, when I was looking for bird food. :) I did check on their contact info and they only mention Plymouth shops. Also checked in Google and they only appear in that area. :( Will call them tomorrow and ask if they have another shop somewhere else.