NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cosmo knows how to cook!

Mawnee

Thought I would share a very amusing and clever behavior Cosmo has developed.

As a suppliment to Cosmos diet I prepare frozen mixed veggies(Corn, peas, green beans, carrots, ect) for him. I've found it to be a cheap and quick way to ensure he eats healthy when the meals the family has doesnt have anything good to share with him. To prepare them I simply put some in a microwavable container, add a little water and heat for 30 seconds. I then drain and rinse repeatedly with cool water to ensure there are no hotspots to burn Cosmo. Cosmo has been on my shoulder while I prepare this many times and pays very close attention as with anythign I do :)

For a few weeks I have been finding corn in his water dish on occasion when I get home from work. His seed mix contains dried corn and it was finding its way into the dish. Well yesterday I was off work and was home to find out the details. Shortly after giving Comso his fresh food and water for the morning I watched him pick all of the dried corn out of his food dish and carefully drop it into the water dish while imitating the sounds of buttons being pressed on the microwave. I laughed and asked him if he was cooking. That explained the corn in his dish. But it got better. A while later he starts making microwave sounds again, this time its the distinct 3 beep sound of the microwave finishing and sure enoguh he is fishing the now soft corn out of the water with his foot and eating it. Apparently he does this every day and has usually eaten it all before I get home from work. lol

I wonder if I could teach him to cook for the whole family :P