NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I have a new baby coming

Barbara2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine we are as excited as you are about your new baby grey Barbara, you know how we love the babies with their dark eyes and your baby is adorable. You are very lucky to be able to go and visit Egan and watch him develop into the handsome little fella you will be bringing home, thanks for sharing the pictures with us and keep em coming.

• Haha 1

I am so happy for you. I hope this helps you. I know what its like to loose one of the loved pets. Your baby looks so sweet. Have you given any thought to a name?

Yes. His name is Egan (Pronounced EE-gahn) His parrot mom's name is Emily and his dad is Logan so I combined their names. It also is an Irish name that translates to "little bright eyed one". I think it fits. And he seems to like it!

Oh, I just spotted this thread just now, and I have to say Egan is just a beautiful boy, and I am so happy that he will be able to help you through your loss of your dear Neo. If I may share this, it makes me think a little of our one black cat that we have now, Titanium. We had another young black cat a number of years ago whom we had to put down, it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. His name was Taitei... Titanium looks almost exactly like Taitei did, and acts very much the same to me (adoring, sweetheart black male cat) but they are still two different boys, and yet I love them both, Titanium now in my arms and in my life and ever the memory of my sweet Taitei, whom I still do miss at odd moments in spite of Titanium's presence and love. So I think Egan will be your wonderfully special Egan and yet your Neo will always glow in your heart as your special baby Neo... ooh, I'm getting a little teary now but I'm just very happy that you two have found each other, and more importantly Neo would want his mommy to be so consoled and comforted, I just know it.

You sure do have an adorable baby there Barbara and Egan is growing like a weed, they change so much in just a few days time when this size and I know you are itching to get him home with you, thanks for sharing the pics of your sweet baby with us, looking forward to the next batch of photos.

Thanks Judy! This is such a great experience to be able to visit weekly. I can tell that he knows me and that is so cool! It also makes the waiting time easier because it is in one week increments. I just have to wait a few days and look forward to the next visit rather than the final homecoming.

Here is this weeks addition to the photo journal of Egan. He is 8 1/2 weeks old and weighs 282 grams today. I put the harness on him and he was very accepting of it. As you can see from the picture, he wasn't too crazy about it being on but this was his first introduction so I was pretty pleased. He was giving kisses to the breeder and is now spending time in the cage with the sun conures so he's learning to perch and eat "real" food. He is a very sweet, sweet boy!

08_03c.jpg

08_03e.jpg

08_03d.jpg

08_03a.jpg

08_03b.jpg

The breeder is exactly 20 miles from my house so I have it scheduled to visit once a week. She also has items for sale so at each visit, I generally pick something up to get the cage ready. It was a really good visit today except that he's at the stage where he wants to bite everything. He was pretty good about responding to "No" and that has more to do with the breeder socialinzing him than anything I've done. I just wanted to add that as long as I was holding him, he was fine with the harness. It wasn't until I put him on the table so that I could take his picture that he started biting at it. It was a really good day and I agree with Shelly; having the opportunity to visit and bond with him in these early weeks is wonderful! I'm not saying it's necessary but it sure is better than having to wait the full 12-16 weeks before getting to meet in person. With Neo, I never even so much as got a picture of him before he was flown to us. So this is a much better experience for me.