NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My African Grey

kingsnake

My friend from the pet store texted me today and told me some of my bird stuff was in. I texted him back and asked him next time my breeder comes up there to hangout with his birds to call me and let me know. He texted right back stating he was going to call him. I got a text back saying he would be up at the pet store in 45 minutes with them.

I met the breeder and we sat around for maybe an hour playing with the birds and talking about them. I got some pictures of them. I'm not sure what one I will be getting but I have 2 I liked and wrote down their ban ID. I will see them soon and see if I still favor them or the other one. Ok, ok, you really didn't click on this link to read the post... I know, I know. Here are the babies. :D

IMG_20110701_192214.jpg

IMG_20110701_192203.jpg

IMG_20110701_191342.jpg

IMG_20110701_185652.jpg

IMG_20110701_185908.jpg

What a precious trio, it would be hard to choose one. I am glad you got to spend some time with them. It seems like such a long time when we are waiting for our chick to wean and come home. Even still, this is a time of discovery and excitement that will stay with you. I felt like a little kid at Christmas and could barely stand to sleep at night waiting. I never even felt like that as a little kid... or big kid either at Christmas, but the arrival of a baby African grey is a monumental life experience. I am glad you are having this opportunity and thanks for sharing it with us.

Last time I took the GF to see the birds, this time I took my son. He was really excited. I asked him if he wanted to go to the pet store. He asked, for what? I said, so I can pick up mice and rats for the snakes. He said, no. I told him the birds would be there and he was out the door ready to go!

On the way home I looked at him and said, do you still want a bird if it poops on you? He froze for a second and you could see the thought going through his head. A few seconds later he cheerfully said yes! I said what if it poops on your head? YES, I don't care I want the bird!

IMG_20110703_153115.jpg

IMG_20110703_153131.jpg

IMG_20110703_153111.jpg

Edited by kingsnake

• 2 weeks later...