NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Normal behavior?

Cupid

Aristotle whistles and makes diffrent sounds when Im not around, only once in our relationship has she said "Goodbye", other than that shes mostly quiet. Shes whistled in her carrier on car trips, but a full blown vocalization of her vocabulary that the previous owner told me about, nothing.

Im definatly in a rush or anything, as I understand all greys are diffrent. Im very happy and enjoying our time together, but im just curious. I talk to her, sing songs, and whistle a lot, but we havent had our first conversation yet...

Cupid, from reading forums and website I think this is 100% normal. I am no expert and I'm sure an expert will chime in and correct me if I am wrong. Some talk, some don't talk, some talk when they think no one is watching etc...

Thanks Kingsnake, i sorta figured. My baby makes a lot of noise when Im not around, ill hear the Andy Griffiths theme song whistle, and when I get my camera to record it, Aristotle looks at me like "What daddy?" and I have to smile. If they can relate, I'd like a seasoned owner to tell me their experiences if possible, and I'll be so happy when she finally feels comfortable enough to "open the flood gates" and talk a bit.

I actually want to hear her sing opera and oldies.

Thanks Kingsnake, i sorta figured. My baby makes a lot of noise when Im not around, ill hear the Andy Griffiths theme song whistle, and when I get my camera to record it, Aristotle looks at me like "What daddy?" and I have to smile. If they can relate, I'd like a seasoned owner to tell me their experiences if possible, and I'll be so happy when she finally feels comfortable enough to "open the flood gates" and talk a bit.

I actually want to hear her sing opera and oldies.

We have had members describe having to set up a camera that they can operate remotely in order to catch the magic. Usually these intelligent beings talk for a reason and it's not to entertain us! LOL! They are calling us and they use what gets a reaction. If you are there, they have no need to call you. Things might change with time. I have a little Sennie that has never uttered a sound around strangers but suddenly did recently, and he is 19 years old. Keep the communication going. You will be very surprised one day and again and again and again...

I feel like the mommy that'll spoon feed her baby, making funny faces and sounds, ~ I caught my self goofily saying "baaannnaaannnnaaa???? Aaaapplleee? ?? MMMmmmmm mmmm thats a delicious baaannnaannnaaaaa, what a yummmmy apppplllleee."

Some greys are "closet talkers" in that they only vocalize words and phrases when they are alone or think they are alone so you have to be clever to hear what they say, maybe one day she will be more forthcoming with her talking in the presence of others. My grey will talk with me or my hubby in the room but is usually quieter when others are around.