NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

what size cage?

Ronda477

Ok I am looking for cages and have no idea what size I am suppose to get. The one cage I was going to get the breeder said was no good cause I wanted a corner cage but she said that the birds will get claustrophobic. Understandable. I want the best for little gal to come home to but can't afford tons of $$. Can anyone help me on what size I should get, what is the minimum that you should get and I'll try to get one a little bigger than that. Thank you!!!

ok I found two that I really like on ebay but the one that looks like a little house doesn't say that its for a AG. Can you all look at these two and tell me what you think? Please??? Thank you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Multi-Level-A17-Play-Top-Cage-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ280145434270QQihZ018QQcategoryZ46289QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gorgeous-NEW-Playtop-Cage-With-FREE-Shipping-A08_W0QQitemZ280145434397QQihZ018QQcategoryZ46289QQcmdZViewItem

Guest Monique

That one cage might be difficult to clean. I'm not sure but do you have to stick your the one door and then stretch your body around to get to the other side?

This is where I bought my last cage and I was VERY happy: http://www.yugisoft.com. I had assembly questions and they were back with me very quickly.

On the e-Bay seller it looks like mostly they sell clothes when you look at their feedback so if you are thinking of buying from them make sure you ask lots of questions and find out what brand they are so you can do research before you buy. I buy stuff through e-Bay but I'm always extra careful!! :)

Yes I agree with buying from stores on ebay, but the thing is with this particular store she is on LAKE ERIE and I talked to her actually about getting me a TAG and I can go look at her bird store in person that is the one good thing. I like the one that is like a little house but like Tari had said being it's not the highest point on the cage for the play area my little gal might not go there to play. Which makes sense. Please keep the responses coming they are very helpful!

Proper style and size for CAG--Medium Cockatoo--amazon

From EBAY

Total Price including S/H------$189

Comes in 2 boxes--81 lbs and 31 lbs

Size---66 in. high x 28 in. deep x 33 in. wide

Delivery time---5 to 7 work days

Available in colors

Next size smaller can be used for TAG but bigger is better

------------------------------------------------

CopyofP1010044.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/09/08 19:26

Type in Ebay.com

When screen opens, on upper left hand side, it will ask what you're looking for.

Type in Bird cages

A screen will open up with pictures of cages one under another. Many pages are there.

Look around the top of screen and find the heading BUY IT NOW

Every cage that's sold under that heading is brand new in the box. No bidding is necessary

Look for company called Demsond Pet Depot in lower left hand corner of screen. 3 or 4 companies are listed. The above company is the best one as far as price. Same size and style of cage will cost approx $349 cage in Petsmart, Petco, Petland, Shaeffers or any other large chain. That same sized cage will cost even more in smaller pet shops.

Make sure you find the words BUY IT NOW

Cick above company and you'll see all of their cages. Scroll through their products until you see the one you like. Double click on picture and all the info plus 4 or 5 pictures of that cage will open plus all of the technical descriptions of that cage.

You might have to manuver differently but you'll find it.

Remember to click BUY IT NOW. It's important as far as price goes.

No matter what cage you look at or decide to purchase, make sure it says

POWDER COATED in the description

Dave

Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/09/08 19:49<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/09/08 19:53

Not to be disrespectful but can you tell me what is so special about the cage Alex was in? What does it have to do with buying a cage? Is that cage different from others of the same size and material? Am I missing something? I went to that website to look and it's your average rectangular sized cage with a playtop made for all species of medium sized parrots. I do know that the cage is overpriced to the extreme but then, that company is one the most overpriced online companies that exist and that includes all other smaller items they sell. I checked the technical specifics plus the material it's made of and I saw nothing special about it other than the high price. If I were to add another $125 to their price, I could actually buy a stainless steel cage which is the best type of cage made for birds and also the most expensive.

As far as Alex is concerned, he was a labratory animal. He was handled by many different people who had expertise in specific areas of training. He was in many different areas in the labratory that he lived in. He was housed in at least 7 to 8 different cages. He was not a pet to anyone in particular. That foundation also has 2 other greys and 1 amazon in training. That's been going on for approx 2 yrs.

Dave

The cage has demonstrated to be well made, for many years. Alex was in fact a laboratory animal (in addition to a pet, a friend and a teacher), his cage was subjected to weekly pressure washings and other maintenance that many regular owners do not conduct and withstood these rigourous actions. The cage is fairly well made, the powder coat is very resistant, the food doors and locking mechanisms are top notch. The sliding paper trays etc are also well made. It is on the upper price range, but some of the "bargain" cages I looked at clearly did not have some of these amenities and if they did, they did not work nearly as well. I only threw this out there as an option, everyone is free to make their own decisions. I am very happy with my purchase and as indicated researched/reviewed many different cages from many different manufacturers.