NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hang from the ceiling play stands?

kingsnake

I have a wraparound couch, a 64" TV with floor standing speakers and sub, a 265G saltwater aquarium along with a bird cage in a 13 1/2 X 14 spare room. I AM COMPLETLY OUT OF ROOM! To be honest I had to kick the end table and lamp out to make room for the parrot cage! What I want is a separate play stand that I can mount to the ceiling (Corner of the room) I might be asking a bit much but have any of you seen something like this?

Thanks

I found this but am not sure it's what I want just yet, I was hoping for a tray to catch the bird poop.

http://www.perchfactory.com/bird_hanging_play_stand/hanging_bird_play_stand_gyms.htm

Edited by kingsnake

If you google it you will find lots of hanging playstands and a few may come with some kind of tray to catch poops but most of the members who use hanging playstands or hoops just put some newspaper or those vinyl floor protectors to catch the droppings.

If you google it you will find lots of hanging playstands and a few may come with some kind of tray to catch poops but most of the members who use hanging playstands or hoops just put some newspaper or those vinyl floor protectors to catch the droppings.

I found a couple...

http://www.perchfactory.com/bird_hanging_play_stand/hanging_bird_play_stand_gyms.htm

http://www.everythingbirdie.com/crflhapeform.html

Thanks

Find something you like and add modifications. I'm sure you could get a plastic picnic cloth or something like that, put in some "button holes" to tie cords and attach it to something this is "close enough". Lots of places sell parts like plastic chains or strips of rawhide so that you can make it perfect!

I like those a lot, remember you could also do your own if you are a bit handy with tools. I enjoy making Kookies stands myself and changing them every once in a while to add something more interesting. Its so funny how Kookie watches me and is so curious when he sees me working on his stand and he cant wait to get his beak and talons on the new addition... lol

One thing though, I would watch out where to hang the stand as the area bellow would be officially the poop corner... :D

Good luck

I have a hula hoop that I wrapped in polycord suspended above the "little bird" cage (about $10 total to make it). I also have a stand that I made out of PVC that can hang from the ceiling. I also purchased a cheap one on clearance on bird.com that is a favorite, but I believe they're all sold out now. =0 (

Then there's the boing, and the big swings...one I made, one I bought....and a couple of baskets that I'll hang at times. I have a variety of hanging gyms that I'll trade out regularly to offer variety. I have 22' ceilings throughout most of my house, so it does make it somewhat difficult to have as many hanging locations as I'd like, but....oh well.

You can also take the wrapped hula hoops and join them together to make a BIG "atom ball"--which I plan to do once Eshe has some ability to flap and regain her balance. As of now, with the severity of her wing trim, I've avoided having her any higher than her cage.

I'll try to get pics of some of these in the next little bit.

One thing that I do plan to do--should I ever be able to find them--is get some silly saucers to make suspended trays underneath of them as is shown in the DIY section on Land of Vos:

boing_tray.jpg (NOT my picture! That is from land of vos....but fairly self explanatory). Those darn saucers are hard to find in central Texas, even in the winter! xD For now, I just use a vinyl floor protector, but it might help you with the whole tray thing. =0 )

There are also some excellent tutorials for making cheap but very effective ceiling protectors out of PVC--just google "DIY PVC ceiling protector"

I have a hula hoop that I wrapped in polycord suspended above the "little bird" cage (about $10 total to make it). I also have a stand that I made out of PVC that can hang from the ceiling. I also purchased a cheap one on clearance on bird.com that is a favorite, but I believe they're all sold out now. =0 (

Then there's the boing, and the big swings...one I made, one I bought....and a couple of baskets that I'll hang at times. I have a variety of hanging gyms that I'll trade out regularly to offer variety. I have 22' ceilings throughout most of my house, so it does make it somewhat difficult to have as many hanging locations as I'd like, but....oh well.

You can also take the wrapped hula hoops and join them together to make a BIG "atom ball"--which I plan to do once Eshe has some ability to flap and regain her balance. As of now, with the severity of her wing trim, I've avoided having her any higher than her cage.

I'll try to get pics of some of these in the next little bit.

One thing that I do plan to do--should I ever be able to find them--is get some silly saucers to make suspended trays underneath of them as is shown in the DIY section on Land of Vos:

boing_tray.jpg (NOT my picture! That is from land of vos....but fairly self explanatory). Those darn saucers are hard to find in central Texas, even in the winter! xD For now, I just use a vinyl floor protector, but it might help you with the whole tray thing. =0 )

There are also some excellent tutorials for making cheap but very effective ceiling protectors out of PVC--just google "DIY PVC ceiling protector"

You can order the one seen in the picture from Amazon.com for $12.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Emsco-1150-123-Racer-Saucer/dp/B001CERYAW