NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tabletop PVC training perch

659134b9.jpg

PVC and polycord to wrap the perch (vetwrap works, but polycord is just so much prettier! xD

Couple of stainless steel eyehooks for the toys--I think those might have been the most expensive part. Whole project was probably....$20, including the pipe cutter? Which was $10. LOL

The toy arm comes off for training, and on for when I want one of the birds entertained somewhere different. I will be buying some chlorplast to velcro to the bottom of the perch for easy removal for cleaning. Sesame Street placemats just aren't cutting it for me. xD

Also, bought this crazy eight's foraging toy on clearance from bird.com: Crazy Eights

Neither bird has had much interest, as the chain is a little short for free hanging in the cage, and being against the side makes them lose interest. Put it off the toy arm on this, and Eshe spent hours getting treats out of it. Had to refill it a dozen times. xD Eventually, she was just taking it out to throw it on the floor. This is fantastic, since I'm having a bit of a tough time getting her to eat enough to maintain her weight.

Pardon the kitchen/hallway mess. xD It's mostly parrot toy pieces and...well, as you can see, a stand.

And yes, Jynx the caique is far more interested in climbing to the top of the toy arm and doing his sexy dances (he's just hit his sexual maturity in the past month or so, based on behavior) than playing with the toys. Eshe LOVES the toys, however. LOL

• 3 weeks later...