NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Happy Hatch Day Beau

rbpittman

Today is Beau's second birthday. Who would have thought that this sweet loving little baby would have survived if they had seen him at 4 months old. Completely plucked clean from head to toe, one wing totally bald and more than determined to jump off the highest spot he could get to. A potential crop burn, aspiration pneumonia and cysts on his right wing. No longer is he plucking (thanks Dr. Dave for all the advice) or jumping from heights. His right wing is covered in feathers, although his flights are few. The cysts come and go, but he doesn't seem to mind. His demeanor is so wonderful given his rough start in life. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful spirit or creature than what I have in Beau. At two years old he still loves to snuggle and will sit for hours letting me cuddle him. I've been truly blessed.

Robin

Happy Hatchday Beau, he just wanted to be different from other baby greys but he is thriving under your care, wow a two year old grey is such a youngster as my grey has already turned 5 years of age so she is a little lady now, don't spoil him too much today but I bet he gets spoiled every day.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when you were bringing Beau home and trying to keep him going. I am so happy to still be here to see him turn two. Some things are just meant to be and your little guy has been placed in your capable hands for a reason. I am glad you are celebrating a happy occasion and enjoying your houseful of feathered love.