NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Getting my first grey

Hi guys,

My name is Joe, I'm a 17 year old high school student. I live in Lebanon (Jounieh) and have been keeping budgies for a year now.

However, I now feel the need for a bigger, smarter, more social pet, which is why I decided to buy an African Grey.

I'll be visiting the pet shop on Monday to get my new pet, and I will be needing lots of help from you guys so as of now I apologize if I ask a lot of question and silly ones:confused:

First I need some name suggestions for my new pet (I won't be able to tell his sex but let's concider that it's a male)

Thank you all

Regards

Joe

Hello Joe and welcome to our family, congrats on deciding on a grey.

I hope you have researched it thoroughly so you know what you are getting yourself into for this is a lifetime committment and greys live long lives. This bird will require a lot of your time so be sure you can provide what this bird needs, food, cage, toys, vet bills and a large part of your day. They thrive on human companionship and do not do well when left to themselves for long periods of time.

You will learn a lot from reading thru the threads here as it is filled with firsthand experienced owners and do ask those questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Hi Joe, wait until you meet your new companion. I'm sure a name will pop into your head that is just right. Once you see your new friend's personality it will be easier to find the right name. I am certainly looking forward to seeing your new grey. Welcome to the Grey family!