NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Have to say goodbye to my parrots

kyparamedic

I found out today that I have bird breeder's lung. It's known by a variety of other names such as bird fancier's lung. It's a type of hypersensitivity pneumonitis. While the doctor isn't 100% sure that the birds are causing it, there's very little else it could be. So that means Chloe, my CAG, and Dexter, a quaker, have to leave tomorrow, forever :( Anyone else have experience with this? It seems like it's actually pretty common yet I have never heard of it or seen it mentioned in any website or magazine that I frequent. I've got a call in to my vet to get his take but I don't really have a choice in the matter. We don't even know if it's reversible at this point. So I'm naturally pretty upset and worry a lot about how Chloe will adjust. She's 8 years old and I've had her for 4. She was a plucker when I got her and still is to some extent but it's much better. They will both be going to my parent's house for the time being until I can find them a permanent home. I really won't be able to visit except for maybe a few minutes at a time with a mask on. It's a very sad day.

I am so sorry to hear this Andrew and it will be very hard on you to have to give up Chloe and Dexter but your health comes first and if this is what your doctor says you must do then you must, I do hope you find good homes for the both of them.

Omg!! I'm so sorry for you D:

I'll definitely look up the air filters as well, but since when the bird is caged all the doors and windows will be open I don't think I'll need one? ._.

I'm so sorry for you, this is the worst thing that can happen when owning a bird D: