NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hi.im josh!

i bought myself my first bird the other day. she is a congo grey.we named her daisy. so far she has been quiet.we heard her squaking a bit when we left last night to go out to eat. she is around 4 months old. im not sure the exact date she was born. shes a little nippy with me but im going to slow things down and build a little more trust with her. i think she is new to toys she started playing a little more with her toys yesterday and she seems happy. she falls asleep on my knee when im sitting with her watching t.v. so i think she is setteling in well with me and my family. she likes my wife more then me cause she just talks to her and leaves her alone.lol bird talks back to her to and never makes any noise towards me.lol might end up being her bird before to long.shes quiet and out of the blue she starts saying hotdog.my son watches mickey mouse club house about 3-4 times a day and they do the hotdog dance.lol thats how she got her name also.daisy,donald ducks girlfriend. any who. glad to be a new member and get some pointers from everybody.thanks

josh

Hello Josh and welcome to our family, congrats on getting your first bird and a grey at that.

Daisy needs time to settle into her new home to get comfortable enough to come to bond with you, you have to earn her trust and not pushing her for more than she is willing to give is how you accomplish that, be patient with her to allow her to adjust at her own pace.

Since this is your first grey I suggest you read thru the many threads here for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We love pictures here so if you have some of Daisy you would share with us we would love to see them.