NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Senegal Parrot

Eshana

Hey guys! I'm still a few months away from my African Grey Parrot, but the breeder I got my 'tiel from had a Senegal that was never picked up by his family, so I am going to go get him today!

Shelby is my first bird, so I'm very excited to experience Sennie antics!

Here is the pic Fancy Feathers sent me: 255718_10150223556720665_182507675664_7562727_7703473_n.jpg

What a cute little fella and he will be so pretty when he gets all his coloring, congrats on your new addition to the flock, yes you have a flock now with more than one bird, better watch out or you will be suffering from MBS like most of us do.

I don't think I'm too worried about MBS. I have decided on three birds. A 'tiel, the sennie and a CAG or TAG. I know I'd never be able to take care of all of them like they deserved if I had any more.

His name is Jon! I just picked him up today. Here is his cage:

260537_10150282661539414_588139413_9035742_1085809_n.jpg

Jon is adorable and they look like they will be good buddies and that will be a blessing if they can get along together, of course they can be partners in crime too, what one doesn't think of the other one might, thanks for sharing the pic of them with us.

Hey i have a question...Jon is three months old (Hatch date March 4th) and he is fully weaned. Sometimes when i have him on my lap he'll look up at me, open his beak, and make a baby squeaking noise. Sometimes he'll also grab one of my fingers and almost...how do I explain...like, try to pull my finger back and forth really fast while making this squeaking nose. He will also softly latch onto my nose and mouth and do this.

What the heck is he doing?

He is doing the feeding response, that open beak with jerking the head up and down real fast is when they get handfed, he may be weaned but he is still going thru the motions, I imagine it will subside soon, just sway his interest in another direction when he does that.