NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Talking 3 mth old TAG???

k9nurse

Hi all,

During one of my daily visits to Mojo at the store this week, I decided to spend some time socializing the TAG babies. They don't get handled much and have both recently decided to "growl" anytime anyone wants to touch them. After a good 15 minutes with the boy, he decided I was okay and stepped up on my arm. I wasn't prepared for what happened next. He cocked his head, looked right at me and said "Hi" and then laughed! Oh my, he is gonna be a smart birdie indeed!

Has anyone heard a 3 month old talk? While I was there yesterday he said "Hi" a few times and "Hello" as well. He is very vocal, making all kinds of sounds and whistles.

Wow! That is VERY rare.

Poor babies, I feel sorry for them due to being gawked at and frightened by probably many people. No wonder they growl. It's wonderful that Mojo calmed down after recognizing you and interacted at such a personal level in a short period of time.

You are going to be in for a wild time with that extrovert. :P

That's amazing! When we used to visit Took in the bird store, the other parrots, especially macaws, were chattering away already with a slew of phrases.

That little guy is quite the friendly chatterbox!

• 1 month later...

Zen is 4 months old and he has said apple several times (that was my sun conure's first word and she says it a lot when he is in the room so I think it was easy for him to pick up) - otherwise he does a lot of vocalization *baby talk* -