NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My little boy is starting to show the grey intelligence - mission impossible style!

reggieroo

Well being only 18 months old Murphy has a lot to learn & so far hasn't really shown me any of that grey intelligence that he is capable of until now!

A while back the latch on his cage door jammed so I had to unscrew the tinny bolt so I could get him out, while doing this Murphy watched intently. I left the one bolt in so I could still close the door & use the latch, thinking he won't know how to open it................I was wrong! One day he was there having a good old go at the latch, I took no notice till I heard a bang on the cage floor, went over the little monkey had managed to undo the other bolt.

Anyway I thought it was a one off but fitted a padlock anyway as the latch was no good & all the was keeping the door closed was a small easy to open latch at the top. When we leave the house & Murphy is left on his own I fit the padlock. Every Time I fit the lock he is straight over trying to figure it out but as it's a combination lock it won't happen.

Well I think Murphy has cottoned on to the fact that he can't open the lock & moved on to other ways of escaping his cage. I was just outside when I walked in the back door & his swing away door for feeding was open, Murphy was just sitting looking at me as if to say "What?" I knew straight away he had figured out how to open them as I have seen him at the latch for a good few days. Now I know what Murphy gets up to when nobody is about.

Looks like I have a regular little mission impossible escape artist on my hands.

Maybe his name should have been Houdini, what a riot he is trying his best and succeeding at escaping his cage, I bet he is very proud of himself when he accomplishes his mission, they can be smart little buggers and they keep us on our toes. Thanks for sharing Murphy's, really Houdini in disquise, new found boredom preventer.

Good story! LOL! Sounds like Murphy is staying one step ahead of you in the battle of wits.

My husband and I often remark how our Moussa seems to intently watch and study what we're doing like he's thinking, "I better pay attention, 'cause I'm going to need to know this." You can just see the little wheels turning in that grey brain.

Maybe we'd all better be careful what we let them see, and not give away too many of our secrets!

If we could sit in a quiet little corner and observe our birds when they thought no one was looking, just think of the memorable moments it would give us. They are so clever and motivated to be out and about. I wonder what they would do with full freedom in our homes and a day to themselves? I am pretty sure they would be helpful, washing dishes, picking up the messes from the floor. Sure, they would. I would love hearing what the little rascal Murphy is thinking as he plots his escapes.