NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Timneh on deposit part II

lmayes69

so as you may or may not know, i had a timneh on deposit in March but it didnt make it ... Well i found another breeder ( although she is 300 miles away ) in New Jersey.. Talked to her on the phone a few times before making my decision. one of the things that i really liked was that she asked me if i knew whether i wanted my bird's wings clipped or not. i thought that was great to allow me to make that decision. most breeders automatically clip. I also asked about the aviator harness and she said that she would get him used to it for me... WWWWOOOOWWWWW... the comments on her FB page are wonderful about how clean her store is, and how sweet her birds are.. So i will be getting my Cody after all... Because im not local, she offered to send me pics and also encourage me to come by as often as i could. Her site is FancyFeathersaviary.com

I also finally got the cage and decided to got with the "house type" i didnt realize it was so big though.. looks like i will be buying tons of toys...

220975_621961831964_62305860_32304268_5338342_o.jpg

Sorry your first TAG did not make it, but I wish the best of luck to you when this one comes home.

Looks like a great cage that you can fill with fun stuff for your new baby and the size. It will grow on you and your bird will love it.

Sorry your first TAG did not make it that must have been heartbreaking.

I also have a TAG on deposit and he should be coming home between the middle to end of July. I've been planning on ordering the same exact cage for him that you have from amazon.com. It's such a steal but I saw a few reviews that said some people were having trouble assembling it or that the pieces didn't quite fit as they should. Did you have any of these problems?

Congrats on your new baby grey and sorry the other one didn't make it but sometimes Mother Nature has other plans. I like your cage too and your grey will enjoy the playtop, the cage is similar to mine and it isn't too big as a grey needs plenty of room.

I look forward to seeing some pictures when you get the chance.

Sorry your first TAG did not make it that must have been heartbreaking.

I also have a TAG on deposit and he should be coming home between the middle to end of July. I've been planning on ordering the same exact cage for him that you have from amazon.com. It's such a steal but I saw a few reviews that said some people were having trouble assembling it or that the pieces didn't quite fit as they should. Did you have any of these problems?

Well the instructions suck ... but once you lay the out the pieces you can kinda see how it goes together.. i've help put together some really expensive cages and i will saw they are right when it comes to that but for the price.. its a steal indeed. i probably wouldnt put a macaw in the cage cause it may bend the bars but timneh congo large cage for a little over 200 with shipping.. i wouldnt trade it. if you need help understanding the instructins let me know..

• 2 weeks later...

How awesome, I have the SAME cage! I had a couple issues with putting it together (including the seed catcher at the bottom, and those pesky bolts that all dont seem to fit right, but we just used Zip ties to hold it together, and makes it easy for snapping them off and cleaning, and zipping them back on)! Dexter my TAG loves his cage, I did place a portable dish across the cage, so that he would get used to the lower area (before that he never went in that area), now that spot is his napping zone. Also I like the dimensions for excercise! I think you will really like that cage... and congrats on your new Timneh! Keep us posted!

have you been to her store? i plan on coming up to visit my baby on the 24th of june

I LOVE HER STORE!

Being from the city, I always amuse myself with those "simple" looking towns (I'm a total snob)

In the front she has a giant bird room that I believe she lets her Macaw's stay in most of the time. When my boyfriend and I walked into the store after our long drive there we were greeted with a heart "hello!" from an African Grey out of his cage. In the middle of the store on a manzanita tree perch were two giant Macaw's who were insistent on taking my fathers glasses. She has plenty of colorful toys and even foot toys. She also has a lot of foods and things.

It is a very small location, but my favorite thing about it was just how nice Denise was. I was there to "only" buy a cockatiel, but she treated him just as well as the rest of her birds. She even gave him a kiss goodbye! I felt like she was the type of woman who I could trust, and I was totally right. Shelby has been the most animated and personality filled Cockatiel I've ever seen. I can't imagine how well adjusted a Grey from her might be.

EDIT: I forgot to add that if you're hungry when you get there, down the road is an excellent steakhouse type place. I'm a vegetarian but they had amazing veggie burgers and french fries! Yum!

Edited by Eshana

I LOVE HER STORE!

Being from the city, I always amuse myself with those "simple" looking towns (I'm a total snob)

In the front she has a giant bird room that I believe she lets her Macaw's stay in most of the time. When my boyfriend and I walked into the store after our long drive there we were greeted with a heart "hello!" from an African Grey out of his cage. In the middle of the store on a manzanita tree perch were two giant Macaw's who were insistent on taking my fathers glasses. She has plenty of colorful toys and even foot toys. She also has a lot of foods and things.

It is a very small location, but my favorite thing about it was just how nice Denise was. I was there to "only" buy a cockatiel, but she treated him just as well as the rest of her birds. She even gave him a kiss goodbye! I felt like she was the type of woman who I could trust, and I was totally right. Shelby has been the most animated and personality filled Cockatiel I've ever seen. I can't imagine how well adjusted a Grey from her might be.

EDIT: I forgot to add that if you're hungry when you get there, down the road is an excellent steakhouse type place. I'm a vegetarian but they had amazing veggie burgers and french fries! Yum!

I havent been to visit but the fact that she send updates and videos because i cant isit was one thing i loved.. secondly , every breeder that i talked to i asked if they clipped thier birds she told me that is totally my decision. I was floored.. NONE of the others that i went to gave me that option. ( even though now im still debating whether or not i want to) third I asked about a harness. she advised me that she sold the aviator and asked if i wanted her to get my bird used to it.... I said how much extra is that training.. she giggled and said nothing... i was totally amazed. i know her birds are well socialized and each one is cared for. from parolett to macaw i dont think it matters to her and i love that. I am in virginia and my mom lives in yonkers, but i think its totally worth the trips. she told me she started in her home and went to a small store for space reasons so i know its not about mass breeding for the money. I lost my first timneh before it even had real feather but i am convinced everything happens for a reason

I'm so jealous. She has another TAG right now, a baby girl...I love her so much but I'm not at my goal monetary point yet. When I do get a CAG/TAG though sometime later this year maybe yours and mine will be related!