NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Gabby said her first word!!!!!! LOL

Tamara

Gabby is now.....8 months old and a few days ago, she said "Pretty Bird" In my husbands voice!!!! LOL I was in the bathroom, and she was in the living room, no one else was around her. I came out and said "Gabby, did you say something?" She looked at me like "Crap, she heard me!!!" LMFAO She is doing so great!! I am however having a problem right now with a cockatiel baby, i posted a question in the health section if anyone would like to help me out. It would be so much apreciated!!!

Sweet. Congratulations to Gabby! Issac is still figuring out the whole word thing and he is up to about 18 months now. He might go a similar way of waiting a longer time before he gets further than the sweet little, "Hello Boy" that I get out of him sometimes. If he ever does take to talking. I love when he gets excited, then he is more likely to try to copy me. He really loves to pay homage to all the sounds around him including the smaller birds outside which he can mimic perfectly. He likes to sit on the window sill and call back to the birds he hears outside. It's cute to hear a parrot sound like a little tiny bird. Anyway...good going Gabby!

That is excitng! Took is about the same age but she is a loooooonnnnnggg way off from using words, if ever. As other people have said, you learn to understand their parrotese- I know what a variety of her calls for different things (hungry sound, where are you going call, scott's home announcement, happy song, etc).

Have a great time with "pretty bird" gabby!

Fantastic. I love all the little "firsts" we have while we are getting to know our birds. All of our pets communicate, but when one can look you in the eye and actually say what they are thinking, it just never fails to rock my socks. Without ever saying a word every one of our birds shows us the innate intelligence that will never fail to take my breath away. The talking is a bonus and Gabby is ahead of herself with bringing you joy. Thanks for sharing.

That's great news, Murphy is 18 months old & yet to say a proper first word. He is definitely trying to speak, sometimes whole sentences but drunk sounding. I sometimes think he said certain words but never sure what he has said so I'm waiting for the day I know for sure what he said before I announce it to the world..........watch this space!