NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Zon in charge

Ray P

When it comes to other parrots does your zon try to be incharge.

I can speek for my grey and cockstiels and it seams that Cricket is a little bossie when it comes to them.

Anyone have a macaw and zon to compair or some other type parrot.

It`s kind of fun to watch Cricket try to take over.

Nope, Louie the Zon is a laid-back big guy. Ana Grey who only weighs in at 303 grams is the boss and dive-bombs poor Louie if he goes out-of-bounds. Whenever Louie does come into my office, Ana Grey is right on his toes and bombs him if he comes anywhere near me or "one of her spots".

Nilah my amazon TRIES to rule the roost, but she's no match for Rikki my cag, although, Nilah seems to think she is, and continues to try. Nilah does bully Talon my tag, away at times, but Talon is quick and knows I will find her and let her have what Nilah was trying to keep her away from.

My quaker rules the roost. He is law enforcement, as well as, the owner of Mom. If I reprimand Brutus (the grey) for getting into something he shouldn't, Jimpster flies over unsolicited, and chases him off. Jimpster also guards my physical space during the day. I usually delay allowing Jimpster out of his cage in the morning until I give Brutus lots of attention, just to make sure he gets his share of "Mom-time". Thankfully, Jimpster puts himself to bed really early, so it also gives me and Brutus time to cuddle in the evening.