NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Oh no! I'm in love with another bird!

GandalfGreybird

While visiting the fledgling CAGs a set of three birds came in for re-homing. One Yellow Nape, one CAG, and one Jardine. My cousin actually ended up taking the Yellow Nape home. Here's my problem: I've completely fallen in love with the Jardine "Cricket!" I sat with him again today for about an hour just petting, scratching, chatting etc. He'll even let me flip him over in my hand baby bird style, and started giving kisses today. He gives me a raspberry noise when i try to put him back. Then begs me to pick him back up.

I can't really afford another $900 bird at the same time as bringing my grey home, not to mention finding another cage. Though the cage my grey will be going into is plenty large for them to share. I know I would be tight on time for all three birds (currently have a cockatiel), and I really want to focus on the grey when he/she comes home. I don't suppose I have any question, just wanted to vent my slight heartbreak at falling in love with a bird that needs a home and I can't afford. :(

Here's a photo of him on my shoulder about half way through our playtime today.

photo-3.jpg

Really wish i could justify him! :P

I think we all get that multiple bird syndrome when we see another sweet little beak. Once we picked out our baby CAG, it was murder waiting for him to come home and I kept looking at all the other birds too. Just think of the time you are spending with this little guy as being a help to him in trusting and seeking out his perfect home. What is meant to be will be. There is come a day after you get your grey home that you may get the chance to add another friend. It would be hard to walk away from Cricket, love him while you are there with him and maybe you will meet again.