NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Body Language

Ray P

As you read the many threads that are posted here you will see the term body language used over and over, My bird bit me because I did not read his body language so it`s my foult. My grey put his head down for a scratch and when I went to scratch him he bit me. How often have you read that.

We may not always read their body language but they always read ours. They know how to play us and they do it very well. They can sense our moods and know if we don`t feal well, or we are happy,or sad.

They are more tuned in to us than we are to them and they don`t ask for much just respect. You can look at their eyes and tell whats on their mind but if you look into their eyes you will find they are looking back.

When ever I look into my birds eyes I wander whats going on in there, what am I mising, whats on their mind. I always have the feeling they know whats on my mind.

When ever I look into my birds eyes I wander whats going on in there, what am I mising, whats on their mind. I always have the feeling they know whats on my mind.

I have that same feeling and desire to understand how and what they are thinking and perhaps body language they are showing us that our mental processes are not aware of.

I too agree with you all, there is a whole lot going on in those little birdy minds. I have been around all sorts of different animals large & small all my life and always enjoyed just watching them & learning their different behaviors. My dogs watch me a lot, I believe they wonder what I am going to do & want to make sure they will be a part of whatever that might be- but I don't think they are too interested in exactly what I am doing at any given time as long as they are in my presence. NEVER before getting Biscotti have a felt that I was the one being watched & studied! It does cause goosebumps ( as MarcusCAG said ) when Biscotti looks me right in the eye----- I swear he is reaching into my soul!

How awesome to be able to share our lifes with these wonderful intelligent little creatures. I feel so blessed to have Biscotti in my life. :)

I have to agree that they can read us from across the room. What is really eerie is when I am thinking about doing something and hear my thoughts come out of them. Reminds me to keep good thoughts. LOL. I think we have a lot to learn from all the pets we are lucky to share in our lifetime.