NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Slater having a hard time adjusting

fidsandfrats

For a short while I thought Slater (CAG) was doing really well with the move into his new bird room. However he's is a nervous wreck. I'm sure he probably senses my worry. He is a nail biter and he has been biting constantly (not hurting himself just constantly has his toes in his beak. I understand he needs time to adjust. I just need to hear that he'll be ok and to find out if there is anything I could do to make this easier on him. Anyone else deal with a nail biter?

I'm sure he probably senses my worry.

Yes he does and that isn't helping the situation any, why don't you relax and just treat him as you always have and when he sees you are ok with the new room then he will gradually accept it, remember its only been a couple of days and greys take to change very slowly. If he sees you are anxious about his acceptance of the new room he will continue to be a nervous wreck, you must learn to develop some patience when it comes to Slater and I think it will serve you well if you can relax about it, try it and see if it helps.

From the video in your other post he looks like he is doing ok in the new room. It will just take him a little time to be completely setteled in.

If I may add something that might help. You might add a area rug to soften the sound in thr room. Just a thought.

From the video in your other post he looks like he is doing ok in the new room. It will just take him a little time to be completely setteled in.

If I may add something that might help. You might add a area rug to soften the sound in thr room. Just a thought.

That is a great idea Ray!! Next item i'll be buying.