NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Fail on making Leo a healthy meal

Maiosameru

I decided to feed him some egg noodles, carrots and green bell pepper (slightly cooked) with a tiny bit of yogurt mixed in. Crazy bugger ate all the noodles...LICKED the veggies of their yogurt and proceeded to toss the little plate in the floor :confused: Well...I tried!

My grey isn't picky at all. He loves food, and is really open minded about new foods. My amazon was a picky eater, but he's getting much better. I just keep giving him healthy foods, and every now and then he tries one and discovers he likes it. These guys live for suppertime - as soon as I put their dishes on the table and call "suppertime" they both fly in from wherever they are. They like breakfast too, but supper is their favourite. (Breakfast is homemade mash - supper is chopped veggies and fruits and nuts.)

I think it's hilarious that Leo licked the yogurt off the veggies though. Here's a trick to get him to try a new food: put a thin layer of peanut butter on it, and then press some small seeds into the pb. As he's digging the seeds out of the pb, he'll probably get some of the new food too, and he might be surprised by how good it tastes or how nice and crunchy it is.

Well keep trying, Maiosameru! I kept putting cooked peas and carrots in the boys' grains and beans medley, for months... until one day I realized I was always throwing out peas and carrots from their bowls, they never ate any! So I just thought, Hey, they don't like peas and carrots. But I forget how/why, but one day I gave them raw carrots--and they adore them! They play with them a bit, yes, but they both eat them too! And now I just add some organic peas baby food to their birdie cookie batter, and that's how they get their peas. So keep trying new ways of presenting old foods and you may be surprised, in time. :)