NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Birdroom Update

fidsandfrats

Hi Everyone

I've been very busy working on the birdroom. Here are some pictures of my progress.

I am a little concerned about Slater. He seems to be afraid of the images on the walls. I would hate to think that after all this he will not be happy. Each night we go in the room with Slater's special treat. I hope that he will eventually be desensitized and feel more confortable. I have a LLLOOOTTT left to do before the room is complete. Hopefully this will give Slater time to adjust. Also hopefully when Slater and Chili's cages and toys are moved they will be familiar to him and make him feel better too.

new paint.jpg

birdroom4.jpg

trees and leaves 2.jpg

That room is looking great and yes it will take time for Slater to get used to it but he will, maybe by the time you are finished he will be comfortable with it, I bet this room will be awesome when finished, can't wait to see the finished product.

That's gorgeous! I wish I could do that but I live in an apt and the owner would kill me. It's a white wall only apt. I know my CAG, Z, would freak with the orange line around the branch. He'd yell it was a snake and to watch out. Not sure where he learned all that. I hope the desensitizing goes quickly. Such lucky birds!!

It is a beautiful room. If the images are a little spooky to him now, it could be because the room is empty. It will look more familiar as you get furniture and perches, cages, toys and stuff in there. Change is always a little scary, but you will enjoy your new room so much Slater can't help but to warm up to it. If you draw the designs on the wall before painting, it might be good to take him in with you let him watch you while you work so he knows you are putting the "pictures" on his walls. He will take it all in... in grey time. Congrats on your art work, it is lovely.