NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Where would you put the boing?

Zoom

I bought a boing for Simon and Kazoo the other day. It's a big thick one. I haven't put it up yet because I don't know where to put it. I want them to be able to share it, so I don't want to put it above either of their cages. Any suggestions for choosing a good spot for a boing? (There's a good solid hook above the dining room table, but that's not gonna work...)

I have one boing in front of the living room window so the fids can see what is going on outside. There is one in the dining area so Ana Grey can join us for dinner/lunch or just watch the goings on. One in the bird room in a neutral area. And another in my office so they can come bug me on the computer.

We put the boing up today. I thought both birds would be a little scared of it at first, especially Kazoo who doesn't like toys. I put Simon on it first and he liked it. Then I put Kazoo on it and he LOVED it. He laughed and yelled "Woohoo! Woohoo! Woohoo!" I tell ya, it warms the cockles of my heart to see them appreciate something so much.

Speaking of appreciating things, I've been playing some really basic foraging games with Kazoo. He's 13, but he never had a chance to forage before. At first I'd just put a peanut in a paper coffee filter, and he'd have to get it out. Then, I started folding the coffee filter with the peanut in it. Now, I wrap up a treat in a coffee filter, and I drop it in a small cardboard box on top of his cage. I say "Special Delivery in Kazoo's mailbox!" as I drop it in. Kazoo flies back to his cage from wherever he is and checks his mailbox, takes out his package, and extracts his peanut. He loves this game. I made a mailbox for Simon, too, and he's starting to show some interest in it.

My house was only built around 16 years ago, and the people that built the house thought it'd be fun to build crazy shaped ceilings...so all the ceilings are slanted and high. Is it easy to hand these from a wall somehow? Sorry for thread hijacking!

You can still hang them from the ceiling even if they are slanted but yes it is possible to hang them from a wall if you can find something long enough, maybe a plant hanger would do the trick.

I also have one hanging in each of the bird's cages and Josey sleeps on the top of hers.