NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How you going, from down under!

How ya going everyone, thought I'd introduce myself. This site has been a great source of information. I have recently adopted two 5 month old female baby greys, Kayla and Lola. I'm eagerly awaiting there arrival this Friday. Once again thank you for all the great information on this forum. It's good to know what I'm in for :D I'm 21 years old, I live in Sydney Australia. I work for the Australian defense force. I'm really excited for my two girls to come to there new home. Cheers, bharps.

Hello Bharps and welcome to our family, you are going to be super busy with two baby greys.

Wow you have chosen to take on two baby greys at one time, do you have any other birds?

Yes we are proud of our site which is full of information of firsthand experience and you may find the answers to some of your questions in the coming weeks and months ahead in them so refer back to past threads for lots of useful info.

You will have to share some pictures of Kayla and Lola when you finally get them home as we love admiring the baby greys.

Hi Bharps, congratulations on your two greys, great names!! I look forward to seeing some pictures of Kayla and Lola, welcome to the Grey Family! Australia is gorgeous, I was fortunate to come for a 2 week visit, my goodness 20 years ago, when my oldest granddaughter was born. Was delighted to see cockatoos and kangaroos just flying and wandering around, fantastic. Can't wait to hear more about Kayla and Lola!

Thanks for the welcome, I'll try and Put some photos up as soon as possible. I use an iPhone for Internet so you'll have to bear with me :). Judy, no not at the moment. Before I started my job I had a beautiful ring neck named prince, due to my training I had to give him to my nan. She loves her birds, she has 2 eclectus, 2 parakeet, a cockatoo named Billy he was rescued so we sent entirely sure of his exact species but he is pink and has a great sence of humor! She has countless others, her backyard is full of avaries. Ive spent a lot of time helping my nab and learning from her but Lola and Kayla will be my first two friends of this kind. Im looking forward to easing them into there new home and surroundings, patience! I'll try and upload a picture for everyone :)

Well sadly it appears these two girls don't exist. It was a scam and I almost fell into it. Luckily I did a bit of snooping around to find out the pet courier doesn't even exist. I'm so sad, I genuily thought I was adopting to Greys into my loving home. Not today :(

what a shame! sorry it was a scam but glad you didn't get caught in it! have you considered talking to local avian vets about any greys they hear of that need a new home? that's how we got kallie and it's been great. it took a while before one came up, but its been well worth the wait and knowing we're able to provide a loving forever home for a bird is an awesome feeling! or if you don't have avian vets close by, maybe there are bird rescues you could check into!

Here's what I received plus 2 photo's..

Re: Parrot for free adoption

Add to ContactsTo:Jayd Sheppard <jjnms47@yahoo.com>

Hello ,

Thanks for the soonest reply.As i earlier told that i am giving

these parrots to a good home .we live in Florida with the parrots where

my family residence is and where i run the family estates .I Work

from 6.30AM to 10.30PM.As a result i have very

limited time to take care of the parrots. .When do you intend coming to

pick up the parrots?and please choose any time outside my working

hours.Or if not possible for you to come,i can arrange a courier that

will bring the parrots to your home at $350 this is a very

fast,efficient and reliable pet vip courier we got here.It is an

Advantage using a courier because the parrots documents will be changed

to your names so that every document of the parrots will bear your

names,Hence you will be the legal owner of the parrots as the courier is

to do transfer of ownership certificates of pets before

delivery.Apart from that,they also act as mediators between sellers

and buyers of pets so they receive payment of the full sum(flight and

home delivery=$350)so as to better serve both the sender and the

receiver of the pet.To proceed with this flight,

the following details are required,

Names in Full ,

Exact Home Address,

City And State,

Post Code,

Cell And Landline Numbers.

With These I will Get the parrots registered for flight immediately and

the courier will contact you on how to make payment of the home

delivery charges($350) and Arrival time of the parrots.I will send the

parrots alongside Pedigree And Health Certificates,Sample Food,

Toys And a Pet Magazine For Better

Understanding Of The Breed. very good

with kids and other pets.

Do Get Back To Me ASAP with the details for home delivery to

proceed

You do have to be careful of scams as there are so many scumbags willing to pull a fast one on unsuspecting people, you would do best to find a breeder in your area or look for rescues or rehomes, if you are meant to have a grey you will one day.