NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bird comparable to Cockatiel?

Eshana

As many of you know, I'm going to be getting a Grey sometime next year after I graduate. Well, as for right now I'd like to get a smaller bird for my Shelby to talk to. I know he gets lonely while I am not home, and I'd love to have another bird in the room to keep him company. I don't want another 'tiel, but perhaps another bird of similar size?

Any suggestions would be great!

Any of the conures would be of comparable size though they tend to be loud, the quakers are another comparable size but they are outlawed in some states so check your state's status on that, caiques are of similar size and so are the pionus parrots.

i started with a peach front conure as my 1st bird. they're a bit smaller than a tiel, but they think they're the "biggest" bird ever created! athena can be a bit noisy at times, but that's a bird thing! we've only had kallie about 2 months now. kallie now does spot on athena-isms! they watch each other and sometimes i think they're starting to interact with each other from their cages. i haven't had them both out at the same time yet, but that will come someday. conures are fun, high energy birds, i like them!

I see you have both a sun and a tiel. Do they speak with each other?

No they do not, one doesn't pay any attention to the other and besides neither of them talk, only my grey talks but they are company for each other and if one of them is left in a room by themselves then they call for the others.

Josey can do perfect imitations of the conure and cockatiel calls though, you can not tell which is which.