NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Newbie Questions -

GT_Jacket

I've littered some of the other forums on here with specific questions - thought I would "dump" the balance here -

What are some of the more popular on-line vendors for CAG "stuff"?

If you could only read 1 book on CAG's... what would it be?

I really really want to leave our new baby flighted. We currently have 2 dogs (cairn terrier and black lab) with a "doggy door". The door has a flap w/ a magnet on the bottom. Anybody solved this dilemma or will it have to go (this will not go over well with the wife that has to let them out/in all day)?

Thanks,

Brett

***I really really want to leave our new baby flighted.**

So far, you're batting 1000

Separating different animals at first is always a good idea. Cairn terriers and black labs are usually mild mannered and calm dogs. Very slow introductions can be made and only you can see what'll happen. Most times as time goes on, greys and dogs get along and greys become very bossy with the dogs. They put them in their place. The beginnings of putting animals together is the longest process. Patience, patience, patience.

**What are some of the more popular on-line vendors for CAG "stuff"?**

There's a million places. I wouldn't know where to start but others here will read your questions about that and will give different names of companies and their experiences with them. The same holds true of reading material. Many here will tell you what they enjoyed and how the reading material helped or didn't help.

PS--you didn't litter the site. We're here to help and not asking questions only hampers your bird

Edited by Dave007

our doggie door has a panel the slides in to "close" it. we can take it in and out as needed. ours is on our back porch door, so when i have the birds out there we slide in the panel. we have a husky and even though he's almost 13 we don't have the birds out when he's inside. he can still move pretty fast when he wants to! some day when he's gone and if we get a puppy, i'll work on having the birds out with a dog.