NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cars, Planes, Ships and Motocycles

CeasarsDad

Wow, what a trip it was. While I did miss home and my friends I was able to make the best of the "cruise" I was on ;) .. I want to take a minute and share some stuff with all my friends here.. OK.. so it will be more then a minute.. I promise not to waste your time.. OK.:P

Most of my "vacation" was spent taking pictures as usual.. Most of my friends that were with me didn't understand this passion I have.. Perhaps you will.. At least I think you will anyway..

I call this thread Cars, Planes, Ships and Motorcycles because those are all the vehicles I road on while on vacation.. All in one week too.. :P:P

We were on the Freedom Of The Seas.. It's the worlds biggest Cruise ship.. Big doesn't really begin to describe this ship.. It's so BIG the doctor on board told me that the number one illness on board is a heart attack.. When I asked him why that was he told me that tall the walking and running around the ship causes the older folk and those out of shape to... well... have chest pains.. Here's a shot of this monster.

D2X_2747.jpg

This ship is SO BIG the US Coast Guard consider it a major Terror Target... So on the way out of the pier they made sure they have lots of security.. Notice the guns on board these boats.. those are 50 cal. machine guns.. No fooling around here..

D2X_2589.jpg

D2X_2601.jpg

D2X_2590.jpg

D2X_2595.jpg

There was even a fire boat there just to make sure nothing serious happened..

D2X_2579.jpg

D2X_2582.jpg

So off we went.. I was determined to do nothing but take pictures and relax... It really didn't happen but I really tried.

D2X_2807.jpg

Our first port was San Juan Puerto Rico.. The ship arrived there last in the afternoon so by the time we got off the ship there was really nothing to do but eat dinner.. Here's a sidewalk shot of outside the restaurant we ate out... Lots of atmosphere here. Would be a wonderful place to take you Lover for sure..

D2X_2659.jpg

The next morning we awoke in St Thomas.. It was there I captured some of the best bird shots I ever took.. It was early morning.. the birds were flying in the early morning sun.. It was beautiful out.. Here's what I got..

D2X_2770.jpg

Here's the large version of this.. Look in the birds mouth.. How lucky was I to capture this?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u97/venuto/D2X_2770big.jpg

Look at this bird.. Think he's looking at me? I know he is.. :P

D2X_2767.jpg

Here's the larger version..

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u97/venuto/D2X_2767big.jpg

Here's some more.. I personally love these shots.. I hope you do too.

D2X_2766.jpg

D2X_2765.jpg

D2X_2764.jpg

D2X_2763.jpg

D2X_2762.jpg

D2X_2760.jpg

And the larger image of this.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u97/venuto/D2X_2760big.jpg

That evening there was an awesome sunset that just happened to be off my cabins balcony.. Take a look.

D2X_2794.jpg

D2X_2788.jpg

D2X_2780.jpg

D2X_2776.jpg

I loved the feeling that sunset gave me... Another great place to be with the one you love for sure..

The next day we went on a tour of the island.. Here are some of the sights I captured.

D2X_2716.jpg

D2X_2701.jpg

Almost as nice as Hawaii if you ask me.. :P

Anyway.. That's all I have edited for now.. I'll post more later.. OK.. Until then.. I'll see ya.

D2X_2718.jpg

CD

Very Nice CD! :cheer:

Those are the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. The ones of the birds are so crystal clear, and the shots of the different flying positions are amazing to see. You really captured something that the human eye can't. That's such a gift you have, and to share it with us, is a gift in itself. I thank you for taking the time (and I know it takes time) to share with us your well deserved vacation. Some of us have never experienced a cruise to the different islands, but we did tonight through your eyes. You are a very special & giving, person. Thank you, Penny

Very nice pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing them! As far as it being as pretty as Hawaii...hmm... I guess it is a close call ;)!!

Good thing your trip wasn't a few days later... I heard on the news tonight that the caribbean is being attacked by a hurricane :ohmy:!!

Makena, I can't deny your request for more photos so here you go...

Heres shots of the ship interior.. It's so big inside you would think you were in a shopping mall..

D2X_2802.jpg

D2X_2803.jpg

D2X_2804.jpg

There there's these awesome scenic views of St. Thomas.. And YES. As nice as Hawaii.. Unless you are talking about erupting volcanos.. Then Hawaii has it..

D2X_2716-1.jpg

D2X_2713.jpg

D2X_2712.jpg

D2X_2705.jpg

D2X_2704.jpg

D2X_2703.jpg

D2X_2691.jpg

D2X_2748.jpg

How about some town shots.. I took these walking around the town near the ship.

D2X_2724.jpg

D2X_2727.jpg

D2X_2728.jpg

D2X_2736.jpg

D2X_2737.jpg

Here's one of Anna shopping in that same town.

D2X_2730.jpg

Check out this Tree

D2X_2709.jpg

Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/09/04 01:35<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/09/04 01:38

Absolutely gorgeous, you have a wonderful talent :) !! I can't wait to get a new camera. I think we are going to get the Nikon you suggested. Then we can have a Hawaii vs. Caribbean photo competition, with a few of Makena thrown in there for good measure!

That ship is unbelievable... I can imagine it is very overwhelming! A floating city... hmm... not sure how I feel about that... I guess I will have to try it someday and see.

That's nice of you to say about me Makena.. Thank you..

You can't find a better camera in that price range then that Nikon I told you about.. Trust me on this.. I have owned 4 or 5 high end Nikons over the years and they have ALL performed wonderfully.. Not one breakdown in over 100,000 images captured..