NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Police shot my doggie

Shelly Yokum

Oh, this is just horrible!!:-(((( So very sorry about your loss.:-(

I think it would be wise to include the trauma your son went through when you go to the court. This is nothing to joke about. If they wont take a loss of a dog seriously, this should get their attention.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Sorry to raise this after a year. Is Shelley still around? Was there any resolution? Reading this made me sick and angry. Imagine someone invading my property and murdering one of my beloved babies? I would be beside myself. If you never got any resolution fighting the cops, maybe you could bring this up again somehow and sue (in this now sue happy world of ours) for wrongful death or something against the damn criminal punk kid who started the whole mess?? Especially if your son suffered because of somehow witnessing or being around the event? I hope something good somewhere came of it. It makes me sick and sad and angry.

And this is why I value animal lives above those of most people. Animals should not be used to test products, reduce overcrowding and send criminals to serve out their sentences in labs as test subjects. Without compensation, their compensation is repaying society for their crimes.

Edited by Wulfgeist

I can't even imagine anyone shooting my dogs on my property! I love my pups, just as I love my birds. They are all my children. I would totally freak out, and would NEVER back down regarding this MURDER! The police had no right to be on your property. Look into an civil suit. It makes me ill, how attacks against animals is a misdemeanor! Nancy

Oh, i am so sorry for your loss. I think the police man was a coward, every dog i met in my life and no matter how scary they look, were very nice to me. It is natural that your dog will panic when he suddenly see 2 strange men running in his own backyard. The police man was scared when he saw your dog alerted, but does not give him the right to shoot him. I know your dog was a friend and part of the family, but sometimes bad things happen. My heart is with you. Ismail

• 1 month later...

It doesn't make sense. The dog was in his yard on a lead. Why was the cop in your yard in the first place? I don't care what breed, that was no excuse for the shooting. There are tooooo many triger happy cops out there. Did you get any satisfaction from the city or PD?

Edited by kittykittykitty