NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hi all im new to this forun

fares

i wana thank the owner of this forum for haven us here to know about african gray

i just got a new african gray i hade for 1 week now he is 5 mounths old and i love him the only problime im haveing with him is every time i want to hold him he gets mad and want to bit

bout he let me touch him all over with no problime any help please?

Hi Fares and welcome to the forum. Give your new baby a little time to settle in. Sit by his cage and just talk to him and let him come to you so you can build some trust.

Every thing is new to him and he does not know what is going on. Just give him a little time.

Hi Fares and welcome to the forum. Give your new baby a little time to settle in. Sit by his cage and just talk to him and let him come to you so you can build some trust.

Every thing is new to him and he does not know what is going on. Just give him a little time.

This is good advise. Don't let your baby sense that you are stressing and upset. Your baby is going to be with you for a long time so as you will hear from many on this grey't forum so take it slow and easy.

Jayd, Maggie, Spock and flock

Hello Fares and wecome to our family, so glad you could join us.

Please allow time for your baby grey to settle into his new home and realize he may not want held at times and that is his only defense mechanism so he bites. There are going to be times your grey won't want you messing with him so respect his wishes and you have had him for such a short time.

Do read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and ask questions you may have and we wll help you in any way we can.

We would love to see some pictures of him if you have some you would share with us.

BTW, what is his name?

Congratulations on bringing Pali into your home. Thanks for joining us, we all learn from each other. Every bird is unique and individual. Pali may object to cuddling or being held close, but he will show you how to be close to him in other ways. In a week, his whole life and what he knew is changed and it will take a while before he realizes you are safe and okay. Your gentleness and patience will pay off big because once he is settled he will show you wonderful things every day.