NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Rehomed timneh grey progress

electra

hi everyone:)

I just wanted to give an update on the timneh. Just for a brief background....i adopted a timneh that went from pet/breeder/pet in that order. I dont know how long she was a pet or a breeder prior to the last home which had her a year as a breeder. Her name is Rose and she has a problem with her ovaries that make her unable to lay. So the breeder decided to rehome her as a pet. So far she is settling in well. Eats everything we give her......lots of veggies and the mash i make for my other birds. She will very gently take food from my fingers and today she solicited me to pet her head. :cool:

Her head is plucked from her mate....but small fuzz and some feathers appear to be regrowing. I have been misting her daily with a aloe vera/water mix i use on my flock and keep the humidity up. This seems to help her itchy head. Well I just thought i'd share our progress:) I am so happy we were able to give this darling a chance at a long healthy life of love and care as she so deserves.

Cheers:)

electra and flock...;)

Well now this is a first, we don't usually encounter greys who go from pet to breeder then back to pet, usually pets don't make good breeders and breeders don't make good pets but it seems she is settling into her new home but do be prepared for when she unpacks her bags for it is too soon for her to reveal her true personality.

Poor dear must look a fright with a bald head but I would imagine the feathers will regrow soon and you will not be able to tell, thats good you are misting her often and keeping the humidity up.

I look forward to hearing lots more about her and maybe a pic or two if you would like to share some.

She looks like a turkey vulture.....you know....with the naked head:) But she has soulful eyes and alot of "red factor" feathers. The rest of her body is in good shape feather wise. I will post some pictures soon. We are working on the dog inrto....everytime i allow a dog in.....she gets a treat. I am hoping she comes to associate their presence with a reward for her.

Aww bless her little bald head. I am so happy for you to be giving her a chance to enjoy life with you in your home. Maybe she had other thoughts on becoming a breeder and wants to be your buddy. It is a splendid thing to observe when she is letting you get close to her and to share your home. Kudos to you, and good luck with her. Is her name Electra?