NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

lost Bird before I got him R.I.P

thanks guys n gals.. i never uestion why things happen.. .it just wasnt meant to be at this particular moment.. The breeder was really hurt... it was somewhat of an awkard conversation because i think she was excited that i was excited and then felt bad to have to deliver the news and i felt bad because i knew she ws hurt by the loss. she kept saying im so sorry and then i would say im so sorry and this went on for about 10 minutes... told her to hold onto my deposit because i would like to get my bird from her.. but i am set on a timeh ( no offense to the congo owners ) but there is just something about the timneh that has me.. she did offer a discounted congo but i told her no thank you. she is checking with some of her "breeder buddies" to see if anyone has them. So my hunt begins.... again.

Guest jules420_91

I am so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news. I understand why you want a TAG but if you can't find one I can tell you as a new mom to a 15 week old CAG both Greys are wonderful birds. I think if you are able to visit your baby during the weaning process regardless of what kind of bird it is you form a wonderful bond with your baby. We visited our baby twice a week for at least 2 hrs per visit & we could not have asked for a sweeter bird than our Louie. I just don't want you to pass up the opportunity to share your life with a wonderful bird by limiting yourself to only Tags. I'm sure your baby will find it's way to you. We are thinking of you.

Julie, Greg, Pat, Tarzie & Louie

I am so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news. I understand why you want a TAG but if you can't find one I can tell you as a new mom to a 15 week old CAG both Greys are wonderful birds. I think if you are able to visit your baby during the weaning process regardless of what kind of bird it is you form a wonderful bond with your baby. We visited our baby twice a week for at least 2 hrs per visit & we could not have asked for a sweeter bird than our Louie. I just don't want you to pass up the opportunity to share your life with a wonderful bird by limiting yourself to only Tags. I'm sure your baby will find it's way to you. We are thinking of you.

Thank you ... If i were to find a cag that actually liked me i dont think i would be opposed to getting one.. but from a "want " standpoint i would love a TAG. The CAGs ive come across that were for sale were not friendly or were somewhat skittish with the exception of one that needed a 1500 surgery on her leg from a breeder. So while im not generalizing all CAGs My initial experiences with TAGs have been better. But if i found one that was for sale that took to me i wouldnt pass it up.

Guest jules420_91

I completely understand what you are saying. We have made many visits to our breeders store over the past 20 yrs & in our own experience with their baby birds the TAGs have always been very friendly approachable birds. The CAG s always seem a little more cautious but once they become curious & comfortable they love attention too. We took a long time to decide on a breed of parrot. At first we wanted a TAG but once I met our baby CAG we were hooked. There was just something special right from the beginning with Louie. We started visiting him when he was only 5 weeks old so he bonded well with us & trusts us. He has not had any difficulty settling in at home with us. This was pleasantly surprising. We were expecting him to be at least a little nervous but no it's more like "well it's about time you brought me home". LOL. I wouldn't trade him for the world. When the time is right you & your new baby will find each other. I'm so sorry for the loss of your first TAG it is just heartbreaking. Please keep us posted when you find your baby.