NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Baby Kenya-Age??????

mcuellar2413

That bird is by no means 8 weeks old. I received my bird at 8 1/2 weeks old. She was fully feathered, weaned, perching, stepping up, etc.

Do you have experience with a bird this young? If not, take that bird back to the breeder immediately, before it is too late. We just had another member here who had the same situation as you and the bird starved to death very quickly.

I do have a little experience, I hand fed my sun conure Samba for about a month. I have been giving her about 35 ml 3x a day, her cusp is emptying by the next feeding and I am being very careful with the temp. I am keeping her under a 35 watt light like the breeder told me to, but I would definitely appreciate any advice you can give me. Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Please share with me, what state did your baby come from? I would like to avoid that breeder. Also, was your baby shipped or did you pick it up? I just wondered if they ship well.....does anyone know? I bought an eclectus from Texas & she was shipped to Indiana. She is so skiddish, I can not touch her only the last 2 weeks I have been able to very gently stroke her foor/ankle. I just love her but she sure is scared. I paid extra for a "hand fed & well handled" baby but I don't think she was handled much.