NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

giant cage in Colorado Springs, Colorado

bigbird519

Hey all, after much debate I have decided to down size Mojo's cage. It is Way toooo Big for him and takes up quite a bit of room in the house. I am not selling but need to trade it for one of a better size. if you have a Congo or any other bird that needs a big corner cage please let me know and we can work out something. this cage is in amazing condition, it is just really large lol. there is no rust, it does have a seed tray, is on wheels, and has 3/4 bar spacing. it stands close to 6 ft and is about 3 1/2 ft by 3 1/2 ft. I am interested in trading a cage that is in the same condition. one that has a playtop, 1/2 inch - 3/4 inch bar spacing, roughly about 23 deep and roughly about 30 wide (give or take).

thanks for looking!

100_1953.jpg

100_1956.jpg

Actually that cage is not too big in my opinion for we feel the bigger the better, it looks like it has plenty of room for him to spread his wings and flap without touching the sides but maybe a corner cage was not the right choice for it has to be put into a corner unlike the more popular cages that can be placed by a single wall. That cage could easily handle a cockatoo or even a macaw.

i was not meaning to big for him lol.... its to big for us. now that we have built him a sweet playstand he is not really using all that cage anyway.

the reason i really posted the add was to help a larger bird family find a cage that may be more suitable for them. that would be the win win situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad you are keeping the big boy cage. I have to admit, I would want to put a recliner in there and climb right in myself. LOL. I am getting Gilbert's new cage this weekend and will keep you on my mind. In the open spaces of a huge warehouse, or in a catalog, those cages look just right, but it is hard to picture how big they are until we are trying to find a spot to sit in the living room after we moved out all our furniture to make room for the cage... or two or three. LOL. Since I can't carry my recliner in to sit next to the cage, I will be sure to remember a tape measure and a room layout to keep me from having to find a new house. I do love your cage though!

• 6 months later...