NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cotton feathers

dubaighost

Guys, we just noticed that the amount of 'cotton feathers' in the cage deck are plenty than the usual. Now i am worried:

> it might be the aloe vera juice which i posted few days back (i saw dave's reply a little late. I ended up using it)

> it might be the hot air blower (somebody did it without my knowledge)

not sure if he plucks it or it just goes naturally.

Also noticed that he scrathes heavily the past days (neck area). Bathed him with water but he still scrathes.

Yesterday we noticed a rash on the upper eye lid. I assume he accidentally scartched that part? We gave a natural aloe (juice from a plant) as a remedy

Apperciate your feedback.

You mean the downy feathers, they will lose a lot when they go thru molts so don't freak out over a few feathers and do not be concerned about using the aloe vera juice as it is good to use straight from the bottle, but never allow your bird to be blow dryed as that does more harm than good.

You are right, you can use some aloe plant on a scratch but keep an eye on it to make sure it heals up.

You mean the downy feathers, they will lose a lot when they go thru molts so don't freak out over a few feathers and do not be concerned about using the aloe vera juice as it is good to use straight from the bottle, but never allow your bird to be blow dryed as that does more harm than good.

You are right, you can use some aloe plant on a scratch but keep an eye on it to make sure it heals up.

he is just 4 months approx. That will be too early for molting i think.

Got a confirmation, he starts with preening, then ends up to plucking the downy feathers, if thats how you call it (the cottonly / pluffy feathers).

We checked the eye, its exactly at the upper lid. Its like an insect bite or a pimple (w/o an eye).