NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What about Air Purifier & Humidifier in one?

Morana

I still can't decide what humidifier (and maybe) what purifier to by and now I came across this: AIR-O-SWISS 1355N.

Is this type of "machine" recommendable?

How to know is it strong enough, safe for my bird, if it pics up birds dander (because it is not specified by the manufacturer and sellers will say anything to sell)..and there are so many other questions in my mind troubling me and I don't know how to proceed. How to choose? How to know which is best to remove the allergens and pollutants from the air we breathe without producing more harmful byproducts in the process? We don't have rabbitair here. I didn't see we have ones with such "Bio characteristics" like I saw with rabbitair. The best and most common I found here were air purifiers/humidifiers (or both) from AIR-O-SWISS BONECO. Does anyone have experience with their products? Something to recommend to suit (our bird like) specific needs at this end of the world? Please help!

I dont know anything about a purifier and humidifier in one or air washers... I would think it would be harder to clean because the dust would get wet?? I know that air o swiss is supose to have top rated humidifiers so I would think anything from them would be good quality.

Well, both purifier and humidifier are not instead or regular cleaning. The idea of both is that ones helps the parrot not to have so much dander- with that preens a bit less. So now you have a bit less "dust" and the purifier would have to help with that. But cleaning stays.. Unless you wanna mold in your house..;-) At least, I think of it that way..

We bought an Air-O-Swiss humidifier, i forgot which model but it was the #1 rated model, and we bought b/c of the grand reviews and our Took deserved nothing less than the best!

Morana, before you spend tons of money- we returned it for an old school basic humidifier. It claimed to work in a large area btwn 450-600 square feet. It didn't cover our tiny living room of 350. We set the it at 60% humidity, it never reached above 40% and we had it running 24 hours a day for a month. After that happened, I did read reviews that said that had happened to other people who live in cold states. Well that isn;t gong to help then! We needed it most during thr cold winters when the heat is on, in NY our summers are humid enough...

Pros- extremely quiet and very low use of electricity.

Cons- it doesn;t work in cold weather, if outdoor temp is 40 degrees or below (and we didn;t try it in warm weather so who knows if it could work then).

If you do try the two in one, please let me know if it works. we need an air purifier. And truth is I did love the quietness of it as well as the lower electricity. I'm willing to try again. But it didn't work for us when we needed it most, with the dry indoor heat of winter months.