NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ekkie started screaming a lot - HEPL

AiSell

I would love to know if you can help me. I raised a male Eclectus and an African Grey. They are 4 years old and they have the almost perfect life. The only problem is that my Ekkie started screaming a lot. He started screaming about a year ago, sometimes one day and sometimes a whole week and then stop. Now he has tantrums more often. He receives a lot of attention but even when he is all over me, he screams. I have many books and magazines but nothing seems to explain why he is screaming so much. Sometimes he tries to attack my African Grey so I have to put in in his cage for a while or sometimes I take the African Grey away from him. Any suggestions?

I appreciate your time and if you can give me some advice.

I really know next to nothing about eclectus parrots, so I can't offer anything spectacular in reply, but are there any patterns to anything triggering his screaming? The only thing that popped into my head is maybe he doesn't feel good somehow and maybe you should see your avian vet. (???) I'm just sorry he seems to be so upset.

I have an ekkie, but Sully is usually a pretty quiet parrot. He does scream when he wants something:

1. To have the lights turned off at 7:00 pm. He will scream until I shut them off.

2. If he gets lonely and wants to know where I am, he will scream for me. But quiets down once I talk to him.

Otherwise he is a good and quiet ekkie. I really am not much help on this matter. I too would be concerned about a health problem if this is not something he has done before.