NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

haven't been here in awhile!!

Brittany

well Pepper will be 3 this July!! And in August my bf and I are expecting our first baby:). Soo some changes are being made...Pepper has been allowed to hangout in his room not locked in his cage since we got him. Yes I know that isnt ideal but he has done fine! But anyways now we are starting to lock him up during the day [starting tomorrow] I hope it goes well.

Also he got a new cage!!

idbyhc.jpg

And here are some newer pics of him :P

0084.jpg

0018.jpg

0262.jpg

0442.jpg

0124.jpg

Welcome back Brittany and Pepper is looking great from the pictures you shared with us and congratualtions on the upcoming new addition to the family, so glad to hear you are not thinking of rehoming Pepper as so many do when this time comes.

I am concerned about the out of cage time Pepper is getting during the day if you are going to shut him up when he was out, he needs to be where the family is when they are home and I know he will have to get used to spending some time in his cage during the day after the baby comes but please don't shut him up or you will have problems.

Greys are flock animals and need the human interaction, they like to feel a part of the goings on in the household, he could come to resent the new baby and be jealous of the time spent with him/her especially if he is locked in his cage all the time.

Welcome back Brittany! Thank you for sharing the beautiful pics of Pepper!!! Congrats on the new arrival as well! I completely agree with Ms. Judy's advice to you. It would cause alot of stress for Pepper and I am sure that he would become very jealous of the new baby!!!.How is he liking the new cage? It looks awesome and well stocked with toys!!!!! .Keep us updated

Welcome back Brittany and Pepper is looking great from the pictures you shared with us and congratualtions on the upcoming new addition to the family, so glad to hear you are not thinking of rehoming Pepper as so many do when this time comes.

I am concerned about the out of cage time Pepper is getting during the day if you are going to shut him up when he was out, he needs to be where the family is when they are home and I know he will have to get used to spending some time in his cage during the day after the baby comes but please don't shut him up or you will have problems.

Greys are flock animals and need the human interaction, they like to feel a part of the goings on in the household, he could come to resent the new baby and be jealous of the time spent with him/her especially if he is locked in his cage all the time.

We are only starting to lock him up while I am working during the day. In the mornings he is out with us, and when I get home hew is out until he goes to bed. Before when I would work he'd be out all day and he is ruining our apartment carpets, as well as the blinds. So we got him a great new cage that he can enjoy. And certaintly when the baby comes here I will be a stay at home mom for awhile and when I do Pepper will be out of the cage since I am home! I only work 11 - 5 so he is only in the cage for 6 1/2 hours during the day, then when he sleeps.

I would never lock him up all the time I love Pepper to death he is my first baby..loll, I just mean from now on when we are not home! Anytime I am home he is out and hanging out with us!

Edited by Brittany

Welcome back Brittany! Thank you for sharing the beautiful pics of Pepper!!! Congrats on the new arrival as well! I completely agree with Ms. Judy's advice to you. It would cause alot of stress for Pepper and I am sure that he would become very jealous of the new baby!!!.How is he liking the new cage? It looks awesome and well stocked with toys!!!!! .Keep us updated

He was a bit scared at first but he likes it now!! Plus when i left this morning I left him some crackers he likes and he loved that. Even opened the blinds a tiny bit so he could see a little outside :D

Congrats on the soon to be new baby boy Brittany. It's great to hear from you again and enjoy the new photos. It's good you are planning ahead for the arrival of your new baby and getting Pepper used to a cage and new schedule. It sounds like you are already making good progress with it. :)

Hi Brittany, thanks for the great new photos of Pepper, he does look gorgeous and healthy and well loved. Congratulations on your new baby. You have had a lot of practice not only with your firstborn little boy Pepper, but if I remember acurately, I think you have been a nanny or caretaker. It is a lot different with your own, you just won't believe how much love you have until you see his little face. I agree that the changes you are making slowly for Pepper will be in his best interest and save your apartment and your sanity. His cage looks like a well stocked playroom. He will be happy in there to play safely when you can't watch over him. Thanks for coming back and checking in.

thanks for the warm words everyone! Pepper has been doing great being locked up while I am at work. Little buddy is hanging out with me right now haha

and yes i have been a nanny for the past 3 years and still am! so definitely have some practice there, thankfully :)