NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey-Proof Decorating Ideas?

chezron

Hi All,

We are moving soon. I was wondering if you had any ideas or suggestions for types of furniture or materials that are a little less enticing to an African Grey's destructive tendencies? Presently, we have a large selection of rotating toys distributed in various play areas around our great room, but he gets bored, and only furniture, molding, window blinds, and painting frames seem to interest him anymore. Any decorating or bird entertainment ideas you have will be appreciated.

he gets bored, and only furniture, molding, window blinds, and painting frames seem to interest him anymore. Any decorating or bird entertainment ideas you have will be appreciated.

The forbidden fruit is always the most enticing. I have stands, hanging gym's etc in every room. Our birds will play on those and eat out of the cups, but they are always going for the "Forbidden Fruit" at some point. I do not believe there is any solution for stopping this. They do not understand for example that all woods items are ok for chewing on, except the wall trim, door trim, wooden blinds etc. I can not count the literally thousands of times I have gotten up to go retrieve a bird that enters the off limits zone. If nothing else, at least all the items a mentioned keep them busy part of the time. :)