NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Seuss, my daughter and the oven timer.

Sarconastic

I had a really good laugh the other day. I came home from work and my 15 year old daughter asked me why i trained our bird to make her look stupid. It seems she put a pizza in the oven, and went back into the living room and was playing a game on the tv. the oven timer went off, and she went in to remove her pizza but there were still 12 minutes on the timer. She went back and sat on the couch, played her game for a little bit and the timer went off again. She goes back into the kitchen and there is still 5 minutes left on the timer. That's when it dawned on her that Seuss was the oven timer.

I felt bad for her, but it didn't stop the laughing one bit. :-)

Kevin

I just love this. Just once, I was making blackened chicken inside in the oven and it set off the smoke detector. Now my little one will start reminding me of that folly when I heat the oven. It was three years ago and when I tell her I am NOT burning dinner, she chuckles right in my face. LOL. I still love it as much as the first time.

Oh the old timer trick, yes these greys are masters of mimicing common household sounds, the timer, phone and anything else they like or see that it usually brings someone running, they love the drama and attention it brings, tell your daughter to get used to it, thanks for sharing that with us.