NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello all...

Hi, welcome to the board. If you ever wanna sex your bird, there's 2 ways of doing it so in the future you decide to, we'll tell you how to go about it. A vet can do it or you just need to mail out a tiny blood sample or a couple of feathers to a specific place and you'll get the results in the mail.

As far as advice, there's loads of that on the board. Lots of other people have just gotten their bird too.

Check out our Nursery Room.

Edited by Dave007

Thank you thank you thank you for the warm welcome. I got mine from a local pet store. I always go there to buy mice and rats for my snakes. Just so happen yesterday, I stepped in to buy a small rat and they have everything for 25% off. We have been talking about getting a grey for the longest and never really wanted to jump into it. Well, to make the story short, the temptation to get a grey made it easier! LOL Not to mention the owner was such a darn seller! He made it so easy for us to just drop 1200 for the bird and cage. Gosh, we have never put out money like that for any pets. I hope to make the best of it and pass him/her down to my kids. Today, we went to Lowes to buy more dowels for the cage because he is still so young and not familiar with his big cage. So, we just put a few more dowels for him to step around. We still have no names for it :( Maybe some suggestions?

AfricanGrey.jpg

184017_1655330141600_1187481439_31447352_4927833_n.jpg

Welcome to the boards Lady and what a cute bird! As mentioned by LuvParrots, Avianbiotech is a great site to get your bird DNA tested. I sent out a small blood sample by clipping a toe nail a tad short. I mailed it out and four days later I had the result. You can check the results online on their website and they will also send you an email confirmation. The cost was $19. I used a product called Kwik Stop to aide in stopping the bleeding and it works great for birds, cats, or dogs. Price= $10.

Hello LadySerpent and welcome to our family, so glad you have a grey baby and thanks for sharing a picture with us, he/she is adorable.

Please do read thru the many threads here for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.