NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

IF all is good two weeks from tomarrow Shelby is comming home

Mikestang

She is weaning awsome eating good already sleeping in her own cage.......

so if all goes well she will be ready to come home 2 weeks from tomarrow

I started to look for a bird last october I was going to get a JARDINES but

unfortunily the lil guy did not make it :( ........ So along came Miss Shelby and

wow what a bird she is so freindly, outgoing and nothing seems to shake her up

I have taught her to play with toys and she is really picking things up fast Next

I want her to fly to me from the cage or perch if i call her from a few feet

she sill step up step down and turn around already i swear it took me less than

20 min to teach her to turn around. So far i have spend about 20 to 25 hours with her

so she knows me and gets all puffy when i say to her Shelby Good Girl then i say Kisses

and give a lil rub with my nose.........

There are some minor things she does but its easy to distract her

she loves eye glasses and shirt buttons I ususaly tell her no then distract

her with a toy and she will take that then again its the good girl praise.

and she will then get all puffy.

She is also extreamly vocal as making sounds I kinda will say what did you say ?

are you a good girl. Just positive things like that and then she will mutter back to me .

every one is telling me thats the beginings of learing to talk but who am i to know.

So yes i am stoked she will be here soon now to parrot proof the house She will be BANNED

from the kitchen when anything is being cooked i herd a horror story of a conure and a pot of soup

that i wish i never herd.

Cant wait for my lil girl to be with me all the time ....................

It'll feel like a small eternity but it's well worth it. I like the name too, sounds like a good strong musclecar name. You'll have to take a pic of Shelby on your Shelby if ya have one!

No shelby mustangs in my garage i could have got one last summer but i went for a 11 GT

instead car is just stupid fast.

I do have 2 mustangs

1. 03 mach 1 31k i am the original owner car has won many shows and has never been dirty

or even driven in the rain cept for when i get caught

2. my Daily mustang is a 11 mustang GT premium with factory 19s

I have a Victory kingpin too.

She is shelby cause at the rate i am going its the only shelby ill ever be able to afford. and I wanted

a name that would reflect on my taste with being cute but not to cute. to best discrib myself

i am a non tattoed 270 lbs biker. so a name like polly was not going to cut it for this bird.

Check this out this is her home coming suprise present

http://www.petco.com/product/12872/Avian-Adventures-Recreation-Center-for-Birds.aspx

Edited by Mikestang

Good choice in cars and bike! I daily drive a '93 Mustang coupe. My toy is a '79 Monte Carlo w/540 big block and 300 shot of nitrous. '96 Chevy Silverado on 35's, and one '78 Cadillac all original with 34K miles.. that too has never seen rain and rarely gets driven. The girlfriend drives an '01 Mustang.

The playstand looks good btw.

These will be the longest two weeks of your life waiting for her to come home but it will be worth it, she seems to have taken to you already so it will go smoother when she does come to your home to live, she is a lucky little grey to have someone who loves her so much.

Nice toys ! ever take your bird to a cruise in or show?
I've just had Duece three days now and have not brought him to a cruise or a show. It would be easy to put some grip tape around the roll bar in the Monte for him to sit on. That would work only while the car's parked. The throttle is extremely sensitive and I about sneezed myself into a lane change last week.

• 2 weeks later...
I've just had Duece three days now and have not brought him to a cruise or a show. It would be easy to put some grip tape around the roll bar in the Monte for him to sit on. That would work only while the car's parked. The throttle is extremely sensitive and I about sneezed myself into a lane change last week.

I am going to try this before a cruise in ill pull up to the closed window with my bike.... then have some one in side say BIG NOISE then ill fire up the bike

we will do this a few times with the window closed and then see how she does. if she does not like it there will be no car shows

went to the store today played more with shelby she is doing so well

noticed one of the other babys saying "hi" shelby is not saying high

but deff has the cadence down for "good girl"

another awsome grey moment today was one of the shop birds cookie was

chewing on something in the owners office..

owner:

"cookie stop eating my bullitin board"

Cookie:

"why? did you want some?"

another awsome grey moment today was one of the shop birds cookie was

chewing on something in the owners office..

owner:

"cookie stop eating my bullitin board"

Cookie:

"why? did you want some?"

Bahahehiheha! Nice one! Tnx for sharing:-)