NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bottlebrush Play Gym

RobertsKitty

That is a very interesting website concerning Bottlebrush playgyms with his claims and opinions.

I like the designs of both the stands and hanging gyms.

But, I will need to do a lot more research before before coming to any type of judgement on which wood is best for a Grey or any other Parrot.

I am not certain, that wood a type really makes much difference at all to the Parrot. However, each type does have characteristics peculiar to it in terms of hardness, size and shape.

I will also need to lean on our resident Playgym Builder "Nevada Joes" expert opinion on this too. Since several of us are on a waiting list to procure one from him. :-)

Yes, there is no doubt a Playgym Tree stand or hanging is a definite must for any Parrot.

The main thrust of the website is about the superiority of Bottlebrush. That is what I am uncertain of and really doubt.

There are many Grey owners with Manzanita Tree Stands and hanging playgyms that are perfectly satisfied and so are their Greys. :-)

• 5 months later...

The bottlebrush play gym is amazing; it lives up to and exceeds all expectations. First I bought the medium sized one for my CAG, who fell in love with it. She chews on the branches, plays with the spinner toy, hangs upside down from the top branches and climbs around and through all parts of the gym. She even loves to run across the tray. I love how beautiful it is and easy to clean the tray without any corners to trap debris. This was my 4th play gym purchase because all of the other types had disadvantages for Lucy or for me.

Just weeks after the first one arrived, I ordered a second larger to put next to her cage. Lucy runs back and forth between the two easily.

It's such a great product that I then ordered a third bottlebrush stand, a small table top model to keep in the bathroom.

I had several lengthy conversations with Wayne who couldn't have been more informative or patient.

I'm not brave enough to leave Lucy on the playgym when I'm not home because she does like to explore.

It is a great value when you consider the quality of the craftsmanship, design and materials used.

• 8 months later...

If anyone is interested, my husband built a bottlebrush hanging play gym for our African Grey. It turn out great Zoey (my Grey) LOVES it . Since than he has been building them for our friends and neighbors. We can build them to order. I have one up on ebay for sale item # 130270484112 We thought that we would try this as a small business if anyone is interested. Please let me know.

lorriedelmotte@hotmail.com

I wish we had some of this wood here in Wisconsin. I love making things. I was an auto mechanic for many years, then I went back to school for computers.

But I have always like working with my hands and designing things.

I may have to look into what wood may be safe for them, that I can find locally.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of parrot or Grey safe wood?{Emotions-000200C1}