NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Feather Plucking?

laurasphishin

i noticed yesterday on the play perch that there was about 4 or 5 grey feathers and about 10 white downy feathers on the bottom. and also this morning in his cage, there was 3 large feathers (not flight) and a few of those white downy ones. the grey feathers had no signs of being chewed. they looked like the had either been pulled out or fell out. does anyone know when greys in the uk molt? or even worldwide? and if so what do i have to look out for? i mean i know its not a sudden loss of feathers but is it over a few days, weeks or months? i know when i groom his head that there are quite a few new feathers growing, which i scrape/tease of with my fingernails, only a bit at a time. i keep him occupied with new toys and searching for his favorite treats around his perch and cage, so i hope its not plucking.

Guest goose

I was shocked when I saw this. My hubby likes this group for some reason.

I tell him because he is always looking for a good fight. LOL But that is ok I have meet some nice people and have learned, might of got on the wrong foot with others. Time will only tell if I continue to come here. I enjoy my birds, and like to share stories, and learn from others experiences is even better.

Guest John Myers

doesnt look like he'll ever grow flight feathers or a tail otherwise he is in perfect feather. He looks comical when he flaps his wings (stumps). But he is a very happy and healthy bird.

Guest goose

Hey dumb ass what does this have to do with feather plucking? Since your so much into the birds, you probably don't even own one. I probably live a lot nicer than you do. Terry are you just a troll or what?