NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Chili Pepper

fidsandfrats

Perhaps I can get some recommendations on how I can get Chili to eat better than he's eating.

First off he loves his Roudybush pellets so I don't have a problem getting him to eat his pellets. Veggis and fruits are another issue.

Here my situation. I work full time. Chili has pellets, some seed, dried veggies, dry pasta etc. in his cage during the day while I'm at work. When I get home I normally make the birds a warm meal of fresh or raw veggies mixed with rice, beans or cooked pasta and one or two fruits. Slater (CAG) is a great eater and gobbles his dinner. Chili on the other hand would rather sit there and fall asleep. He's been to the avian vet and he is fine. Anyone have any suggestions how to get him to eat his dinner?

Thanks

Does Chili eat pretty good during the day? Maybe he isn't as hungry in the evenings if he does eat more while you are gone but the only suggestion I have is to continue to offer the fresh meal and maybe he will eventually decide to eat more of it. It just shows how different your two cags are but if he has been vet checked then I wouldn't worry too much about it, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Louie my BF Zon is a 3 year-old big boy and plays hard all day long. I feed my birds their big meal of the day in the AM and Louie eats his food like there is no tomorrow. I replenish their dried veggies and fruit at bedtime so that they all want to immediately get back in the cages for a snack. Makes it easy to close them in for the night as they are out all day long.

I have a question... what kinds of treat foods does Chili Pepper like? Dexter (my TAG) has a natural fascination with sweeter items, like bananas, grapes, sweet potato, fresh pumpkin etc. So in order to "persuade" him to try new things, I will take fresh banana and mix it in well with the food item I am trying to get him to try. This way he tastes the outside and recognizes as "food source" and takes a bite. Then passed the banana , he gets the true flavor. Kinda like the M&M commercials with the pretzel inside *wink*. Give it a try, and see what happens!

I have a question... what kinds of treat foods does Chili Pepper like? Dexter (my TAG) has a natural fascination with sweeter items, like bananas, grapes, sweet potato, fresh pumpkin etc. So in order to "persuade" him to try new things, I will take fresh banana and mix it in well with the food item I am trying to get him to try. This way he tastes the outside and recognizes as "food source" and takes a bite. Then passed the banana , he gets the true flavor. Kinda like the M&M commercials with the pretzel inside *wink*. Give it a try, and see what happens!

Hi and thanks for your reply. He likes sweet potato, pasta, squash, beans. Not a big fruit eater. Last night he are really really well. I gave him some mash with some fresh veggies and he did well. I guess some days are better than others. He must have been hungry.