NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Steam Cleaning Cages

Val27

Does anyone use a steam cleaner? I tried the Shark handheld but not super impressed. I have been looking at some better steamers but would love some recommendations. I like the idea of no chemicals. What are the ratios for some of the homemade cleaners everyone seems to be using? Are they harmful when not yet dry? ex. peroxide or vinegar & H2O How do you care for rope perches? Can they be cleaned/

I've not used the steam cleaner on the cage, although I do use one on the floors. I've found the best cleaning solution is plain old vinegar and water. I spray the cage bars down, wipe down and done. Mind you for those tough stuck on messes I do have to use more elbow grease. Part of the process of being owned by a bird.

Robin

I use a two-one ration (two parts water - one part vinegar). You can use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar (stronger smell). I prefer white, and I can clean the cage with the bird inside if necessary - although they are usually out watching me. Dixie likes to sit on my back and "help"

Robin