NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hee Hee Hee

Acappella

OK, so let me paint you all a little word picture. I'm sitting on the floor in front and slightly to the side of Dorian's cage going through the weekly flyers and making up my shopping list. There is a boing hanging in front of monkey's cage just behind my left shoulder. So I'm engrossed in what I'm doing and not paying attention to what Dorian is doing. All of a sudden I hear "Whatchadoin?" in my left ear and turn my head to see a grey parrot inches from my head hanging upside down from the bottom of his boing, swinging back and forth. :D

The way he can stop you in your tracks and lighten your life with laughter is the way life is supposed to be with a companion. Thanks for sharing and bringing that to us as well. I love that he came quietly down, watching you the whole time no doubt, then brought you out of your work with a little quip. The best part for me is that I believe our laughter is their reward and they love the interaction as much as we do. Isn't he just a little delight?

It was the fact that he came down so quietly that was astounding to me. No grey loves bells more than Dorian, and there's a loud bell at the bottom of the boing. Any time he gets onto the thing, he usually has to first grab the boing and shake the heck out of it to really get the bell ringing. He must have crept down that boing so gently to avoid the bell ringing at all - very out of character for him. He very effectively stopped me from what I was doing and redirected my attention to him!