NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Air purifier is this safe for my grey?

Lex

It's safe for your grey but all the nice features in the machine don't apply to the type of dust thrown off by greys. The machine is used in areas for a different type of dust that constantly remains in the air. That dust is microspcoic. Parrot dust is very heavy and that type of machine doesn't have the power to pull in heavy parrot dust because parrot dust doesn't stay afloat. Only the dust that floats in the air constantly will be taken in by the machine and that dust will have to be pretty close to the machine to be pulled in. Those machines have a suction power of about 3 to 5 ft. This applies to all the similar air purifiers that are sold. They all work on the same principle. Parrot dust is continuely thrown off by a bird. Basically, that machine is for rooms that have non visible dust in the air. Regular vacuum cleaning needs to be used in order to suck in the heavy parrot dust from tops of cages, on other furniture and floors. They're good to have as long as you don't expect to vacuum out a room with them.

many thanks dave i do clean via vacuum every day but i think this will help that little extra! nothing is ideal as they aren`t it the great out doors for much time. I think i will get one to help out.

Cheers Dave.

Yes I have. Very good machine with lots of exhaust power. . There's another company that makes basically the same thing. They're the only one advertised in bird related magazines and other bird literature. Pretty expensive though here in the US. If you have the money, go for it. You can forget the other item you were talking about.